Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 07/12] powerpc: Add support to take additional parameter in MASKABLE_* macro

From: Nicholas Piggin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2016 12:36:07 +1000

On Mon, 19 Dec 2016 13:37:03 +0530
Madhavan Srinivasan <[email-masked]> wrote:

> To support addition of "bitmask" to MASKABLE_* macros,
> factor out the EXCPETION_PROLOG_1 macro.
> 
> Currently soft_enabled is used as the flag to determine
> the interrupt state. Patch extends the soft_enabled
> to be used as a mask instead of a flag.

This is really the core part of the patch -- after reversing the
soft_enable logic to be a disable boolean, now it's being extended
to be a disable mask. The exception macro changes just allow an
interrupt type bit to be passed in later.

I should have picked it up earlier, but if you do end up submitting
another version, perhaps consider splitting the disable mask change
and putting it after patch 5.

Thanks,
Nick