Subject: [PATCH 0/7][v3] idle fixes and changes for POWER8 and POWER9

From: Nicholas Piggin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 16:01:45 +1000

Since last time:

- Commented machine check handler wakeup to describe why registers are
  not lost.
- Dropped patch to make PACA_THREAD_IDLE_STATE POWER8-only because
  Gautham will use it for POWER9 DD1.
- Removed some leftover debug cruft noticed by Gautham, and re-tested
  on POWER8. Added some extra comments to hopefully try to illustrate
  the idle state changes a bit better.
  
Needs:
- Ack from Gautham for patch 7
- Ack from Mahesh for patch 4

Thanks,
Nick

Nicholas Piggin (7):
  powerpc/64s: move remaining system reset idle code into idle_book3s.S
  powerpc/64s: stop using bit in HSPRG0 to test winkle
  powerpc/64s: use alternative feature patching
  powerpc/64s: fix POWER9 machine check handler from stop state
  powerpc/64s: idle expand core idle state bits
  powerpc/64s: idle do not hold reservation longer than required
  powerpc/64s: idle POWER8 avoid full state loss recovery where possible

 arch/powerpc/include/asm/cpuidle.h       |  32 ++++-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/exception-64s.h |  13 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/reg.h           |   1 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/exceptions-64s.S     | 123 +++++++----------
 arch/powerpc/kernel/idle_book3s.S        | 227 ++++++++++++++++++++++---------
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/idle.c    |  13 --
 6 files changed, 242 insertions(+), 167 deletions(-)

-- 
2.11.0