Subject: [PATCH] powerpc/64s: machine check handle ifetch from foreign real address for POWER9

From: Nicholas Piggin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2017 16:26:44 +1000

The i-side 0111b case was missed by 7b9f71f974 ("powerpc/64s: POWER9
machine check handler").

It is possible to trigger this exception by branching to a foreign real
address (bits [8:12] != 0) with instruction relocation off, and verify
the exception cause is found after this patch.

Fixes: 7b9f71f974 ("powerpc/64s: POWER9 machine check handler")
Reported-by: Mahesh Salgaonkar <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Nicholas Piggin <[email-masked]>
---
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/mce.h  | 15 ++++++++-------
 arch/powerpc/kernel/mce.c       |  1 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/mce_power.c |  3 +++
 3 files changed, 12 insertions(+), 7 deletions(-)

diff --git a/arch/powerpc/include/asm/mce.h b/arch/powerpc/include/asm/mce.h
index 81eff8631434..190d69a7f701 100644
--- a/arch/powerpc/include/asm/mce.h
+++ b/arch/powerpc/include/asm/mce.h
@@ -90,13 +90,14 @@ enum MCE_UserErrorType {
 enum MCE_RaErrorType {
 	MCE_RA_ERROR_INDETERMINATE = 0,
 	MCE_RA_ERROR_IFETCH = 1,
-	MCE_RA_ERROR_PAGE_TABLE_WALK_IFETCH = 2,
-	MCE_RA_ERROR_PAGE_TABLE_WALK_IFETCH_FOREIGN = 3,
-	MCE_RA_ERROR_LOAD = 4,
-	MCE_RA_ERROR_STORE = 5,
-	MCE_RA_ERROR_PAGE_TABLE_WALK_LOAD_STORE = 6,
-	MCE_RA_ERROR_PAGE_TABLE_WALK_LOAD_STORE_FOREIGN = 7,
-	MCE_RA_ERROR_LOAD_STORE_FOREIGN = 8,
+	MCE_RA_ERROR_IFETCH_FOREIGN = 2,
+	MCE_RA_ERROR_PAGE_TABLE_WALK_IFETCH = 3,
+	MCE_RA_ERROR_PAGE_TABLE_WALK_IFETCH_FOREIGN = 4,
+	MCE_RA_ERROR_LOAD = 5,
+	MCE_RA_ERROR_STORE = 6,
+	MCE_RA_ERROR_PAGE_TABLE_WALK_LOAD_STORE = 7,
+	MCE_RA_ERROR_PAGE_TABLE_WALK_LOAD_STORE_FOREIGN = 8,
+	MCE_RA_ERROR_LOAD_STORE_FOREIGN = 9,
 };
 
 enum MCE_LinkErrorType {
diff --git a/arch/powerpc/kernel/mce.c b/arch/powerpc/kernel/mce.c
index 5f9eada3519b..92f185875694 100644
--- a/arch/powerpc/kernel/mce.c
+++ b/arch/powerpc/kernel/mce.c
@@ -268,6 +268,7 @@ void machine_check_print_event_info(struct machine_check_event *evt,
 	static const char *mc_ra_types[] = {
 		"Indeterminate",
 		"Instruction fetch (bad)",
+		"Instruction fetch (foreign)",
 		"Page table walk ifetch (bad)",
 		"Page table walk ifetch (foreign)",
 		"Load (bad)",
diff --git a/arch/powerpc/kernel/mce_power.c b/arch/powerpc/kernel/mce_power.c
index f913139bb0c2..d24e689e893f 100644
--- a/arch/powerpc/kernel/mce_power.c
+++ b/arch/powerpc/kernel/mce_power.c
@@ -236,6 +236,9 @@ static const struct mce_ierror_table mce_p9_ierror_table[] = {
 { 0x00000000081c0000, 0x0000000000180000, true,
   MCE_ERROR_TYPE_UE,  MCE_UE_ERROR_PAGE_TABLE_WALK_IFETCH,
   MCE_INITIATOR_CPU,  MCE_SEV_ERROR_SYNC, },
+{ 0x00000000081c0000, 0x00000000001c0000, true,
+  MCE_ERROR_TYPE_RA,  MCE_RA_ERROR_IFETCH_FOREIGN,
+  MCE_INITIATOR_CPU,  MCE_SEV_ERROR_SYNC, },
 { 0x00000000081c0000, 0x0000000008000000, true,
   MCE_ERROR_TYPE_LINK,MCE_LINK_ERROR_IFETCH_TIMEOUT,
   MCE_INITIATOR_CPU,  MCE_SEV_ERROR_SYNC, },
-- 
2.11.0