Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] Please pull JSON files for Power9 PMU events

From: Sukadev Bhattiprolu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 09:40:08 -0700

Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo [[email-masked]] wrote:
> Em Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 10:09:12PM +1000, Michael Ellerman escreveu:
> > Sukadev Bhattiprolu <[email-masked]> writes:
> > > Please pull the JSON files for POWER9 PMU events.
> 
> > >       perf vendor events: Add POWER9 PMU events
> > >       perf vendor events: Add POWER9 PVRs to mapfile
> 
> > I think the PVRs need work.
> 
> > You have:
> 
> > +004e0100,1,power9.json,core
> > +004e0000,1,power9.json,core
> 
> > The first is P9 DD1, but the second doesn't exist. We have it in the
> > kernel, but with a mask of 0xffff0000. From memory the perf code doesn't
> > do any masking or anything fancy, it looks for an exact match.
> 
> > So for starters you should probably drop that one and add 0x004e1200 and
> > 0x004e0200.

Yes, thanks.

> 
> Could this check be somehow done automatically? Using whatever is in the
> kernel sources or some IBM released document?

Yes, had a recent discussion offline with Michael Petlan and Jiri about
generalizing/simplifying this. For now, I have added the above PVRs and
will look into the broader fix.

The following changes since commit 07d306c838c5c30196619baae36107d0615e459b:

  Merge git://www.linux-watchdog.org/linux-watchdog (2017-07-11 09:59:37 -0700)

are available in the git repository at:

  https://github.com/sukadev/linux/ p9-json

for you to fetch changes up to 8870b54739866c6eea23c36a0125af8045fbd572:

  perf vendor events: Add POWER9 PVRs to mapfile (2017-07-12 11:11:00 -0500)

----------------------------------------------------------------
Sukadev Bhattiprolu (2):
      perf vendor events: Add POWER9 PMU events
      perf vendor events: Add POWER9 PVRs to mapfile

 tools/perf/pmu-events/arch/powerpc/mapfile.csv     |   3 +
 .../perf/pmu-events/arch/powerpc/power9/cache.json | 176 +++++
 .../arch/powerpc/power9/floating-point.json        |  44 ++
 .../pmu-events/arch/powerpc/power9/frontend.json   | 446 +++++++++++
 .../pmu-events/arch/powerpc/power9/marked.json     | 782 +++++++++++++++++++
 .../pmu-events/arch/powerpc/power9/memory.json     | 158 ++++
 .../perf/pmu-events/arch/powerpc/power9/other.json | 836 +++++++++++++++++++++
 .../pmu-events/arch/powerpc/power9/pipeline.json   | 680 +++++++++++++++++
 tools/perf/pmu-events/arch/powerpc/power9/pmc.json | 146 ++++
 .../arch/powerpc/power9/translation.json           | 272 +++++++
 10 files changed, 3543 insertions(+)
 create mode 100644 tools/perf/pmu-events/arch/powerpc/power9/cache.json
 create mode 100644 tools/perf/pmu-events/arch/powerpc/power9/floating-point.json
 create mode 100644 tools/perf/pmu-events/arch/powerpc/power9/frontend.json
 create mode 100644 tools/perf/pmu-events/arch/powerpc/power9/marked.json
 create mode 100644 tools/perf/pmu-events/arch/powerpc/power9/memory.json
 create mode 100644 tools/perf/pmu-events/arch/powerpc/power9/other.json
 create mode 100644 tools/perf/pmu-events/arch/powerpc/power9/pipeline.json
 create mode 100644 tools/perf/pmu-events/arch/powerpc/power9/pmc.json
 create mode 100644 tools/perf/pmu-events/arch/powerpc/power9/translation.json