Subject: [PATCH] [PING] Fix TIOCGPTPEER ioctl definition

From: Gleb Fotengauer-Malinovskiy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 16:29:46 +0300

This ioctl does nothing to justify an _IOC_READ or _IOC_WRITE flag
because it doesn't copy anything from/to userspace to access the
argument.

Fixes: 54ebbfb16034 ("tty: add TIOCGPTPEER ioctl")
Signed-off-by: Gleb Fotengauer-Malinovskiy <[email-masked]>
Acked-by: Aleksa Sarai <[email-masked]>
Acked-by: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>
---
 arch/alpha/include/uapi/asm/ioctls.h   | 2 +-
 arch/mips/include/uapi/asm/ioctls.h    | 2 +-
 arch/parisc/include/uapi/asm/ioctls.h  | 2 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/uapi/asm/ioctls.h | 2 +-
 arch/sh/include/uapi/asm/ioctls.h      | 2 +-
 arch/sparc/include/uapi/asm/ioctls.h   | 2 +-
 arch/xtensa/include/uapi/asm/ioctls.h  | 2 +-
 include/uapi/asm-generic/ioctls.h      | 2 +-
 8 files changed, 8 insertions(+), 8 deletions(-)

diff --git a/arch/alpha/include/uapi/asm/ioctls.h b/arch/alpha/include/uapi/asm/ioctls.h
index ff67b8373bf7..1cd7dc7d4870 100644
--- a/arch/alpha/include/uapi/asm/ioctls.h
+++ b/arch/alpha/include/uapi/asm/ioctls.h
@@ -100,7 +100,7 @@
 #define TIOCGPKT	_IOR('T', 0x38, int) /* Get packet mode state */
 #define TIOCGPTLCK	_IOR('T', 0x39, int) /* Get Pty lock state */
 #define TIOCGEXCL	_IOR('T', 0x40, int) /* Get exclusive mode state */
-#define TIOCGPTPEER	_IOR('T', 0x41, int) /* Safely open the slave */
+#define TIOCGPTPEER	_IO('T', 0x41) /* Safely open the slave */
 
 #define TIOCSERCONFIG	0x5453
 #define TIOCSERGWILD	0x5454
diff --git a/arch/mips/include/uapi/asm/ioctls.h b/arch/mips/include/uapi/asm/ioctls.h
index 68e19b689a00..1609cb0907ac 100644
--- a/arch/mips/include/uapi/asm/ioctls.h
+++ b/arch/mips/include/uapi/asm/ioctls.h
@@ -91,7 +91,7 @@
 #define TIOCGPKT	_IOR('T', 0x38, int) /* Get packet mode state */
 #define TIOCGPTLCK	_IOR('T', 0x39, int) /* Get Pty lock state */
 #define TIOCGEXCL	_IOR('T', 0x40, int) /* Get exclusive mode state */
-#define TIOCGPTPEER	_IOR('T', 0x41, int) /* Safely open the slave */
+#define TIOCGPTPEER	_IO('T', 0x41) /* Safely open the slave */
 
 /* I hope the range from 0x5480 on is free ... */
 #define TIOCSCTTY	0x5480		/* become controlling tty */
diff --git a/arch/parisc/include/uapi/asm/ioctls.h b/arch/parisc/include/uapi/asm/ioctls.h
index 674c68a5bbd0..d0e3321403be 100644
--- a/arch/parisc/include/uapi/asm/ioctls.h
+++ b/arch/parisc/include/uapi/asm/ioctls.h
@@ -60,7 +60,7 @@
 #define TIOCGPKT	_IOR('T', 0x38, int) /* Get packet mode state */
 #define TIOCGPTLCK	_IOR('T', 0x39, int) /* Get Pty lock state */
 #define TIOCGEXCL	_IOR('T', 0x40, int) /* Get exclusive mode state */
-#define TIOCGPTPEER	_IOR('T', 0x41, int) /* Safely open the slave */
+#define TIOCGPTPEER	_IO('T', 0x41) /* Safely open the slave */
 
 #define FIONCLEX	0x5450  /* these numbers need to be adjusted. */
 #define FIOCLEX		0x5451
diff --git a/arch/powerpc/include/uapi/asm/ioctls.h b/arch/powerpc/include/uapi/asm/ioctls.h
index bfd609a3e928..e3b10469f787 100644
--- a/arch/powerpc/include/uapi/asm/ioctls.h
+++ b/arch/powerpc/include/uapi/asm/ioctls.h
@@ -100,7 +100,7 @@
 #define TIOCGPKT	_IOR('T', 0x38, int) /* Get packet mode state */
 #define TIOCGPTLCK	_IOR('T', 0x39, int) /* Get Pty lock state */
 #define TIOCGEXCL	_IOR('T', 0x40, int) /* Get exclusive mode state */
-#define TIOCGPTPEER	_IOR('T', 0x41, int) /* Safely open the slave */
+#define TIOCGPTPEER	_IO('T', 0x41) /* Safely open the slave */
 
 #define TIOCSERCONFIG	0x5453
 #define TIOCSERGWILD	0x5454
diff --git a/arch/sh/include/uapi/asm/ioctls.h b/arch/sh/include/uapi/asm/ioctls.h
index eec7901e9e65..787bac9f67da 100644
--- a/arch/sh/include/uapi/asm/ioctls.h
+++ b/arch/sh/include/uapi/asm/ioctls.h
@@ -93,7 +93,7 @@
 #define TIOCGPKT	_IOR('T', 0x38, int) /* Get packet mode state */
 #define TIOCGPTLCK	_IOR('T', 0x39, int) /* Get Pty lock state */
 #define TIOCGEXCL	_IOR('T', 0x40, int) /* Get exclusive mode state */
-#define TIOCGPTPEER	_IOR('T', 0x41, int) /* Safely open the slave */
+#define TIOCGPTPEER	_IO('T', 0x41) /* Safely open the slave */
 
 #define TIOCSERCONFIG	_IO('T', 83) /* 0x5453 */
 #define TIOCSERGWILD	_IOR('T', 84,  int) /* 0x5454 */
diff --git a/arch/sparc/include/uapi/asm/ioctls.h b/arch/sparc/include/uapi/asm/ioctls.h
index 6d27398632ea..f5df72b93bb2 100644
--- a/arch/sparc/include/uapi/asm/ioctls.h
+++ b/arch/sparc/include/uapi/asm/ioctls.h
@@ -88,7 +88,7 @@
 #define TIOCGPTN	_IOR('t', 134, unsigned int) /* Get Pty Number */
 #define TIOCSPTLCK	_IOW('t', 135, int) /* Lock/unlock PTY */
 #define TIOCSIG		_IOW('t', 136, int) /* Generate signal on Pty slave */
-#define TIOCGPTPEER	_IOR('t', 137, int) /* Safely open the slave */
+#define TIOCGPTPEER	_IO('t', 137) /* Safely open the slave */
 
 /* Little f */
 #define FIOCLEX		_IO('f', 1)
diff --git a/arch/xtensa/include/uapi/asm/ioctls.h b/arch/xtensa/include/uapi/asm/ioctls.h
index 98b004e24e85..47d82c09be7b 100644
--- a/arch/xtensa/include/uapi/asm/ioctls.h
+++ b/arch/xtensa/include/uapi/asm/ioctls.h
@@ -105,7 +105,7 @@
 #define TIOCGPKT	_IOR('T', 0x38, int) /* Get packet mode state */
 #define TIOCGPTLCK	_IOR('T', 0x39, int) /* Get Pty lock state */
 #define TIOCGEXCL	_IOR('T', 0x40, int) /* Get exclusive mode state */
-#define TIOCGPTPEER	_IOR('T', 0x41, int) /* Safely open the slave */
+#define TIOCGPTPEER	_IO('T', 0x41) /* Safely open the slave */
 
 #define TIOCSERCONFIG	_IO('T', 83)
 #define TIOCSERGWILD	_IOR('T', 84,  int)
diff --git a/include/uapi/asm-generic/ioctls.h b/include/uapi/asm-generic/ioctls.h
index 06d5f7ddf84e..14baf9f23a14 100644
--- a/include/uapi/asm-generic/ioctls.h
+++ b/include/uapi/asm-generic/ioctls.h
@@ -77,7 +77,7 @@
 #define TIOCGPKT	_IOR('T', 0x38, int) /* Get packet mode state */
 #define TIOCGPTLCK	_IOR('T', 0x39, int) /* Get Pty lock state */
 #define TIOCGEXCL	_IOR('T', 0x40, int) /* Get exclusive mode state */
-#define TIOCGPTPEER	_IOR('T', 0x41, int) /* Safely open the slave */
+#define TIOCGPTPEER	_IO('T', 0x41) /* Safely open the slave */
 
 #define FIONCLEX	0x5450
 #define FIOCLEX		0x5451
-- 
glebfm