Subject: [PATCH 0/6] watchdog and NMI IPI locking improvements

From: Nicholas Piggin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2017 22:41:20 +1000

It was noticed that the watchdog was causing hangs and lockups in
some cases, hammering on the watchdog lock, so I've found a few
other improvements and bugs. Thanks to Paulus for finding the problem
and fixing the lock primitives (I fixed it a bit differently but the
idea is his).

Thanks,
Nick

Nicholas Piggin (6):
  powerpc: NMI IPI improve lock primitive
  powerpc/watchdog: Improve watchdog lock primitive
  powerpc/watchdog: Moderate touch_nmi_watchdog overhead
  powerpc/watchdog: Fix final-check recovered case
  powerpc/watchdog: Fix marking of stuck CPUs
  powerpc/watchdog: add locking around init/exit functions

 arch/powerpc/kernel/smp.c      |  6 +++---
 arch/powerpc/kernel/watchdog.c | 49 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----------
 2 files changed, 39 insertions(+), 16 deletions(-)

-- 
2.13.3