Subject: [PATCH v2 00/14] idle and soft-irq improvements and POWER9 idle optimisation

From: Nicholas Piggin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2017 02:38:58 +1000

Since last time:

- Split out KVM parts. Technically they don't actually have
  dependencies with the Linux patches I suppose, so they could be
  merged via different trees. Logically I think they are better to
  stay together.

- Fix and simplify the KVM secondary thread management patch, thanks
  Gautham.

- Fixed a bug in the ESL=0 avoid overhead patch.

- Retested on P8 and P9 with qemu.

- Mambo simulator still doesn't handle EC=0 wakeups properly, but I
  have reported that, and managed to write a patch here to fix the
  simulator bug and test there too.

Nicholas Piggin (14):
  powerpc/64s: masked interrupt avoid branch
  powerpc/64s: masked interrupt avoid instruction
  powerpc/64s: masked interrupt returns to kernel so avoid r13 restore
  powerpc/64: cleanup __check_irq_replay
  powerpc/64s: irq replay merge HV and non-HV paths for doorbell replay
  powerpc/64s: irq replay external use the HV handler in HV mode on
    POWER9
  powerpc/64: remove redundant instruction in interrupt replay
  powerpc/64s: irq replay remove spurious irq reason
  powerpc/64: runlatch CTRL[RUN] set optimisation
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: POWER9 does not require secondary thread
    management
  powerpc/64s: idle POWER9 can execute stop without a sync sequence
  KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: POWER9 can execute stop without a sync sequence
  powerpc/64s: idle POWER9 can execute stop in virtual mode
  powerpc/64s: idle ESL=0 stop can avoid MSR and save/restore overhead

 arch/powerpc/include/asm/cpuidle.h        |  16 -----
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/kvm_book3s_asm.h |   4 ++
 arch/powerpc/kernel/entry_64.S            |   7 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/exceptions-64s.S      |  19 +++---
 arch/powerpc/kernel/idle_book3s.S         | 103 +++++++++++++++++-------------
 arch/powerpc/kernel/irq.c                 |  47 +++++++-------
 arch/powerpc/kernel/process.c             |  35 +++++++---
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv.c              |  14 +++-
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_rmhandlers.S   |  32 ++++++----
 9 files changed, 154 insertions(+), 123 deletions(-)

-- 
2.13.3