Subject: Re: [PATCH v7 3/4] lib/cmdline.c Remove quotes symmetrically.

From: Michal Suchánek <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2017 13:30:03 +0200

On Mon, 21 Aug 2017 18:27:12 +0800
Baoquan He <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On 08/17/17 at 10:14pm, Michal Suchanek wrote:
> > Remove quotes from argument value only if there is qoute on both
> > sides.
> > 
> > Signed-off-by: Michal Suchanek <[email-masked]>  
> 
> Sounds reasonable. Just for curiosity, do we have chance to pass in
> option with a single '"'?

No, we don't. Perhaps it would work if it was at the end of the
commandline.

next_arg checks that quoting is closed.

It was possible but undocumented with previous behavior - you would
place the quote in the middle and the closing quote at start or end so
that next_arg would remove the closing quote but not the one in the
middle.

It would be also possible with shell-like backslash escaping but that
is not implemented.

Thanks

Michal