Subject: [PATCH 0/3] some boot/shutdown improvements

From: Nicholas Piggin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2017 16:10:02 +1000

Hi,

These are a couple of improvements to powernv/opal boot and
shutdown paths. Also a patch to move smp_send_stop over to
use NMI IPIs, which gives us a significantly better chance to
stop secondaries on platforms which support it (pSeries and
PowerNV POWER9 so far).

Patch 1 in particular it would be good if people could take
a look at. I *think* it's okay wrt kexec, but I could miss
something or some old firmware might do the wrong thing.

Thanks,
Nick

Nicholas Piggin (3):
  powerpc/powernv: Avoid the secondary hold spinloop for OPAL boot
  powerpc/powernv: Always stop secondaries before reboot/shutdown
  powerpc: use NMI IPI for smp_send_stop

 arch/powerpc/include/asm/opal.h             |  2 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/head_64.S               |  4 +++-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/setup_64.c              | 14 ++++++++++++--
 arch/powerpc/kernel/smp.c                   |  9 +++++----
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/opal-flash.c | 28 +---------------------------
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/setup.c      | 15 +++++----------
 6 files changed, 27 insertions(+), 45 deletions(-)

-- 
2.13.3