Subject: [PATCH 0/4] interrupt tracing fixes

From: Nicholas Piggin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2017 02:00:48 +1000

Here are a few loosely related fixes for interrupt tracing code
and irq state handling which eliminates local_irq_enable() when
already enabled, and local_irq_disable() when already disabled,
and also fixes an NMI re-entrancy bug in irq tracing that has
been crashing in the field when PMU interrupts (non-maskable) and
irq tracing runs together it's causing things to get into "impossible"
states.

I have only tested 64s, and don't know if patch 1 and 2 are right
on 64e or 32 so if anyone could take a look or test, that would
be good.

Thanks,
Nick

Nicholas Piggin (4):
  powerpc: define __ARCH_IRQ_EXIT_IRQS_DISABLED
  powerpc/64: do not trace irqs-off at interrupt return to soft-disabled
    context
  cpuidle/powernv: avoid double irq enable coming out of idle
  cpuidle/powernv: avoid double irq enable coming out of idle

 arch/powerpc/include/asm/hardirq.h |  1 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/entry_64.S     | 10 +++++++---
 drivers/cpuidle/cpuidle-powernv.c  |  2 ++
 drivers/cpuidle/cpuidle-pseries.c  |  6 ++++--
 4 files changed, 14 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

-- 
2.15.0