Subject: [PATCH 0/3] one more try at idle improvements

From: Nicholas Piggin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2017 00:08:04 +1000

The recent KVM work clashed with a couple of my patches, so they were
reverted/dropped for this merge window.

I've made another attempt at them, hopefully done in a way that is
more compatible with KVM requirements and in a bit nicer way (POWER8
contex switching should speed up a bit too). I'm not completely sure I
got patch 2 right. It works on POWER8, but haven't been able to get
POWER9 running with hash on radix.

Thanks,
Nick

Nicholas Piggin (3):
  powerpc/64s/idle: POWER9 implement a separate idle stop function for
    hotplug
  powerpc/64s/idle: avoid sync for KVM state when waking from idle
  powerpc/64s/idle: POWER9 ESL=0 stop avoid save/restore overhead

 arch/powerpc/include/asm/processor.h  |  1 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/idle_book3s.S     | 62 +++++++++++++++++------------------
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/idle.c |  9 +++--
 3 files changed, 38 insertions(+), 34 deletions(-)

-- 
2.15.0