Subject: [PATCH v4 0/5] Remove unneeded build directory traversals

From: "Andrew F. Davis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2017 13:44:51 -0600

Hello all,

I was building a kernel for x86 and noticed Make still descended into
directories like drivers/gpu/drm/hisilicon, this seems kind of odd given
nothing will be built here. It looks to be due to some directories being
included in obj-y unconditionally instead of only when the relevant
CONFIG_ is set.

These patches are split by subsystem in-case, for some reason, a file in
a directory does need to be built, I believe I have checked for all
instances of this, but a quick review from some maintainers would be nice.

Thanks,
Andrew

Changes from v3:
 - Removed patches already taken by maintainers
 - Rebased on v4.15-rc1 (no changes needed)

Changes from v2:
 - Removed patches that would not work
 - Rebased on v4.11-rc1 (no changes needed)

Changes from v1:
 - Removed patches already taken by maintainers
 - Rebased on v4.10-rc1 (no changes needed)

Andrew F. Davis (5):
  pwm: Only descend into pwm directory when CONFIG_PWM is set
  amba: Only descend into amba directory when CONFIG_ARM_AMBA is set
  NFC: Only descend into nfc directory when CONFIG_NFC is set
  macintosh: Only descend into directory when CONFIG_MACINTOSH_DRIVERS
    is set
  auxdisplay: Only descend into directory when CONFIG_AUXDISPLAY is set

 drivers/Makefile | 14 +++++++++-----
 1 file changed, 9 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

-- 
2.15.0