Subject: [PATCH 0/9] modernize early memory allocation limits and

From: Nicholas Piggin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2017 21:17:07 +1000

This series improves (mostly relaxes) limits on early memory
allocations for stacks, pacas, etc. on 64s.

It also avoids allocating lppacas for bare metal, and it changes
allocation of paca and lppaca from single big arrays to inividual
allocations.

The main goal of this is toward allocating these basic structures
per-node. We're not there yet, but closer.

Thanks,
Nick

Nicholas Piggin (9):
  powerpc/powernv: Remove real mode access limit for early allocations
  powerpc/pseries: radix is not subject to RMA limit, remove it
  powerpc/64: rtas avoid accessing paca in 32-bit mode
  powerpc/pseries: lift RTAS limit for radix
  powerpc/pseries: lift RTAS limit for hash
  powerpc/64s: Relax PACA address limitations
  powerpc/64s: do not allocate lppaca if we are not virtualized
  powerpc/64: Use array of paca pointers and allocate pacas individually
  powerpc/64s: Use array of lppaca pointers and allocate lppacas
    individually

 arch/powerpc/include/asm/kvm_ppc.h           |   8 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/lppaca.h            |  26 ++--
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/paca.h              |  12 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/pmc.h               |  13 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/smp.h               |   4 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/asm-offsets.c            |   5 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/crash.c                  |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/entry_64.S               |  17 ++-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/head_64.S                |  19 +--
 arch/powerpc/kernel/machine_kexec_64.c       |  37 +++---
 arch/powerpc/kernel/paca.c                   | 174 ++++++++++++++-------------
 arch/powerpc/kernel/setup.h                  |   4 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/setup_64.c               |  40 +++---
 arch/powerpc/kernel/smp.c                    |  10 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/sysfs.c                  |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv.c                 |  34 +++---
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_builtin.c         |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_interrupts.S      |   3 +-
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_rmhandlers.S      |   3 +-
 arch/powerpc/mm/hash_utils_64.c              |  24 ++--
 arch/powerpc/mm/numa.c                       |   4 +-
 arch/powerpc/mm/pgtable-radix.c              |  17 +--
 arch/powerpc/mm/tlb-radix.c                  |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/85xx/smp.c            |   8 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/cell/smp.c            |   4 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/idle.c        |  13 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/setup.c       |   4 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/smp.c         |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/subcore.c     |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/hotplug-cpu.c |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/kexec.c       |   7 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/lpar.c        |   4 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/setup.c       |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/smp.c         |   4 +-
 arch/powerpc/sysdev/xics/icp-native.c        |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/xmon/xmon.c                     |   2 +-
 36 files changed, 289 insertions(+), 229 deletions(-)

-- 
2.15.0