Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the powerpc tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2018 16:53:19 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the powerpc tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc64
allnoconfig) failed like this:

arch/powerpc/kernel/mce_power.o: In function `.mce_handle_error':
mce_power.c:(.text+0x5a8): undefined reference to `.hash__tlbiel_all'
mce_power.c:(.text+0x6b8): undefined reference to `.hash__tlbiel_all'
arch/powerpc/mm/hash_utils_64.o: In function `.hash__early_init_mmu':
hash_utils_64.c:(.init.text+0x9d0): undefined reference to `.hash__tlbiel_all'

Caused by commit

  d4748276ae14 ("powerpc/64s: Improve local TLB flush for boot and MCE on POWER9")

The definition of hash__tlbiel_all() is in
arch/powerpc/mm/hash_native_64.c which is only built if CONFIG_PPC_NATIVE
is set, which it is not for this build.

I applied a supplied fix patch.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell