Subject: [PATCH 00/14] numa aware allocation for pacas, stacks, pagetables

From: Nicholas Piggin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2018 01:08:10 +1000

This series allows numa aware allocations for various early data
structures for radix. Hash still has a bolted SLB limitation that
prevents at least pacas and stacks from node-affine allocations.

Fixed up a number of bugs, got pSeries working, added a couple more
cases where page tables can be allocated node-local.

Thanks,
Nick

Nicholas Piggin (14):
  powerpc/64s: do not allocate lppaca if we are not virtualized
  powerpc/64: Use array of paca pointers and allocate pacas individually
  powerpc/64s: allocate lppacas individually
  powerpc/64s: allocate slb_shadow structures individually
  mm: make memblock_alloc_base_nid non-static
  powerpc/mm/numa: move numa topology discovery earlier
  powerpc/64: move default SPR recording
  powerpc/setup: cpu_to_phys_id array
  powerpc/64: defer paca allocation until memory topology is discovered
  powerpc/64: allocate pacas per node
  powerpc/64: allocate per-cpu stacks node-local if possible
  powerpc: pass node id into create_section_mapping
  powerpc/64s/radix: split early page table mapping to its own function
  powerpc/64s/radix: allocate kernel page tables node-local if possible

 arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/hash.h    |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/radix.h   |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/kvm_ppc.h           |   8 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/lppaca.h            |  26 +--
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/paca.h              |  16 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/pmc.h               |  13 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/setup.h             |   1 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/smp.h               |   5 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/sparsemem.h         |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/asm-offsets.c            |   5 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/crash.c                  |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/head_64.S                |  19 ++-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/machine_kexec_64.c       |  37 +++--
 arch/powerpc/kernel/paca.c                   | 238 ++++++++++++++-------------
 arch/powerpc/kernel/prom.c                   |  12 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/setup-common.c           |  30 +++-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/setup.h                  |   9 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/setup_64.c               |  80 ++++++---
 arch/powerpc/kernel/smp.c                    |  10 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/sysfs.c                  |  18 +-
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv.c                 |  34 ++--
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_builtin.c         |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_interrupts.S      |   3 +-
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_rmhandlers.S      |   3 +-
 arch/powerpc/mm/hash_utils_64.c              |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/mm/mem.c                        |   9 +-
 arch/powerpc/mm/numa.c                       |  36 ++--
 arch/powerpc/mm/pgtable-book3s64.c           |   6 +-
 arch/powerpc/mm/pgtable-radix.c              | 203 ++++++++++++++++-------
 arch/powerpc/mm/tlb-radix.c                  |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/85xx/smp.c            |   8 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/cell/smp.c            |   4 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/idle.c        |  13 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/setup.c       |   4 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/smp.c         |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/subcore.c     |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/hotplug-cpu.c |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/kexec.c       |   7 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/lpar.c        |   4 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/setup.c       |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/smp.c         |   4 +-
 arch/powerpc/sysdev/xics/icp-native.c        |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/xmon/xmon.c                     |   2 +-
 include/linux/memblock.h                     |   5 +-
 mm/memblock.c                                |   2 +-
 45 files changed, 543 insertions(+), 355 deletions(-)

-- 
2.16.1