Subject: [PATCH v3 0/3] idle improvements again

From: Nicholas Piggin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2018 15:48:52 +1000

Since last time, this has been rebased on top of the KVM / SMT4
forcing changes. It has also been updated so as to not disable
EC=ESL=0 idle states for CPU unplug.

That case (and powersave=off) continues to be broken for KVM with
unplugged dependent secondaries, but that's another issue.

This also has EC=ESL=0 states to skip the new hwsync added for the
KVM workaround, which should increase their performance advantage a
little further.

Thanks,
Nick

Nicholas Piggin (3):
  powerpc/64s/idle: POWER9 implement a separate idle stop function for
    hotplug
  powerpc/64s/idle: avoid sync for KVM state when waking from idle
  powerpc/64s/idle: POWER9 ESL=0 stop avoid save/restore overhead

 arch/powerpc/include/asm/processor.h  |  1 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/idle_book3s.S     | 69 +++++++++++++++++------------------
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/idle.c |  2 +-
 3 files changed, 36 insertions(+), 36 deletions(-)

-- 
2.16.3