Subject: [PATCH 0/6] first step of standardising OPAL_BUSY handling

From: Nicholas Piggin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2018 18:15:41 +1000

Patch 1 explains most of the reasoning.
Patch 1+2 and possibly 4 (just that we've seen a bug caused by the
RTC driver but not yet one caused by NVRAM) could be backported as
bugfixes, in most other cases the changes are inconsequential or
unlikely to be a problem.

Thanks,
Nick

Nicholas Piggin (6):
  powerpc/powernv: define a standard delay for OPAL_BUSY type retry
    loops
  powerpc/powernv: OPAL RTC driver standardise OPAL_BUSY loops
  powerpc/powernv: OPAL platform standardise OPAL_BUSY loops
  powerpc/powernv: OPAL NVRAM driver standardise OPAL_BUSY delays
  powerpc/powernv: OPAL dump support standardise OPAL_BUSY delays
  powerpc/xive: standardise OPAL_BUSY delays

 arch/powerpc/include/asm/opal.h             |   3 +
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/opal-dump.c  |   4 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/opal-nvram.c |   7 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/opal-rtc.c   |   6 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/opal.c       |   8 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/setup.c      |  16 ++-
 arch/powerpc/sysdev/xive/native.c           | 193 ++++++++++++++++------------
 drivers/rtc/rtc-opal.c                      |  33 +++--
 8 files changed, 163 insertions(+), 107 deletions(-)

-- 
2.16.3