Subject: [PATCH 0/6] improve OPAL cosole flushing and locking

From: Nicholas Piggin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2018 15:40:50 +1000

This series of patches aims to improve the robustness of the OPAL
console by simplifying and removing locks. If this code is interrupted
due to a panic or xmon request, it may block the xmon IO or panic
console flush because they use the opal console too.

So reducing locking and relaxing atomicity requirements is important
for improving kernel debugging.

Nicholas Piggin (6):
  powerpc/powernv: opal-kmsg use flush fallback from console code
  powerpc/powernv: Implement and use opal_flush_console
  powerpc/powernv: Remove OPALv1 support from opal console driver
  powerpc/powernv: move opal console flushing to udbg
  powerpc/powernv: implement opal_put_chars_nonatomic
  drivers/tty/hvc: remove unexplained "just in case" spin delay

 arch/powerpc/include/asm/opal.h            |   2 +
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/opal-kmsg.c |  38 +-----
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/opal.c      | 141 ++++++++++++++-------
 drivers/tty/hvc/hvc_opal.c                 |  17 ++-
 4 files changed, 106 insertions(+), 92 deletions(-)

-- 
2.17.0