Subject: [PATCH v2 0/2] powerpc/pseries: Improve serialization of PRRN events

From: John Allen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2018 14:40:46 -0500

Stress testing has uncovered issues with handling continuously queued PRRN
events. Running PRRN events in this way can seriously load the system given
the sheer volume of dlpar being handled. This patchset ensures that PRRN
events are handled more synchronously, only allowing the PRRN handler to
queue a single dlpar event at any given time.  Additionally, it ensures
that rtas polling continues normally when multiple PRRN events are queued
simultaneously.

v2:
  -Unlock prrn_lock when PRRN operations are complete, not after handler is
   scheduled.
  -Remove call to flush_work, the previous broken method of serializing
   PRRN events.

John Allen (2):
  powerpc/pseries: Avoid blocking rtas polling handling multiple PRRN
    events
  powerpc/pseries: Wait for completion of hotplug events during PRRN
    handling

 arch/powerpc/kernel/rtasd.c               | 10 +++++++---
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/mobility.c |  5 ++++-
 2 files changed, 11 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

-- 
2.17.1