Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] powerpc/64: Remove duplicated -mabi=elfv2 for little endian targets

From: Segher Boessenkool <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2018 03:59:15 -0500

On Sat, Sep 29, 2018 at 11:25:19PM -0700, Bin Meng wrote:
> The -mabi=elfv2 is currently specified twice in the makefile. Remove
> the one that does not test compiler.

This was

ifdef CONFIG_PPC64
cflags-$(CONFIG_CPU_BIG_ENDIAN)         += $(call cc-option,-mabi=elfv1)
cflags-$(CONFIG_CPU_BIG_ENDIAN)         += $(call cc-option,-mcall-aixdesc)
aflags-$(CONFIG_CPU_BIG_ENDIAN)         += $(call cc-option,-mabi=elfv1)
aflags-$(CONFIG_CPU_LITTLE_ENDIAN)      += -mabi=elfv2
endif

and the later setting is

ifeq ($(CONFIG_CPU_LITTLE_ENDIAN),y)
CFLAGS-$(CONFIG_PPC64)  += $(call cc-option,-mabi=elfv2,$(call cc-option,-mcall-aixdesc))
AFLAGS-$(CONFIG_PPC64)  += $(call cc-option,-mabi=elfv2)
else
CFLAGS-$(CONFIG_PPC64)  += $(call cc-option,-mabi=elfv1)
CFLAGS-$(CONFIG_PPC64)  += $(call cc-option,-mcall-aixdesc)
AFLAGS-$(CONFIG_PPC64)  += $(call cc-option,-mabi=elfv1)
endif

Maybe these two pieces should be joined completely?

Segher