Subject: [PATCH 0/5] NestMMU pte upgrade workaround for mprotect and autonuma

From: "Aneesh Kumar K.V" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2018 09:22:42 +0530

We can upgrade pte access (R -> RW transition) via mprotect or autonuma. We need
to make sure we follow the recommended pte update sequence as outlined in
commit: bd5050e38aec ("powerpc/mm/radix: Change pte relax sequence to handle nest MMU hang")
for such updates. This patch series do that.

Aneesh Kumar K.V (5):
  mm: Update ptep_modify_prot_start/commit to take vm_area_struct as arg
  mm: update ptep_modify_prot_commit to take old pte value as arg
  arch/powerpc/mm: Nest MMU workaround for mprotect/autonuma RW upgrade.
  mm/hugetlb: Add prot_modify_start/commit sequence for hugetlb update
  arch/powerpc/mm/hugetlb: NestMMU workaround for hugetlb mprotect RW
    upgrade

 arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/hugetlb.h |  8 +++++
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/pgtable.h | 18 ++++++++++
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/hugetlb.h           |  2 +-
 arch/powerpc/mm/hugetlbpage.c                | 35 ++++++++++++++++++++
 arch/powerpc/mm/pgtable-book3s64.c           | 34 +++++++++++++++++++
 arch/s390/include/asm/pgtable.h              |  5 +--
 arch/s390/mm/pgtable.c                       |  8 +++--
 arch/x86/include/asm/paravirt.h              |  9 +++--
 fs/proc/task_mmu.c                           |  8 +++--
 include/asm-generic/pgtable.h                | 10 +++---
 include/linux/hugetlb.h                      | 18 ++++++++++
 mm/hugetlb.c                                 |  8 +++--
 mm/memory.c                                  |  8 ++---
 mm/mprotect.c                                |  6 ++--
 14 files changed, 150 insertions(+), 27 deletions(-)

-- 
2.17.1