Subject: [PATCH] KVM: PPC: Use exported tb_to_ns() function in decrementer emulation

From: Paul Mackerras <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2018 21:07:22 +1100

This changes the KVM code that emulates the decrementer function to do
the conversion of decrementer values to time intervals in nanoseconds
by calling the tb_to_ns() function exported by the powerpc timer code,
in preference to open-coded arithmetic using values from the
decrementer_clockevent struct.  Similarly, the HV-KVM code that did
the same conversion using arithmetic on tb_ticks_per_sec also now
uses tb_to_ns().

Signed-off-by: Paul Mackerras <[email-masked]>
---
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv.c | 3 +--
 arch/powerpc/kvm/emulate.c   | 6 ++----
 2 files changed, 3 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)

diff --git a/arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv.c b/arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv.c
index bf8def2..d65b961 100644
--- a/arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv.c
+++ b/arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv.c
@@ -2337,8 +2337,7 @@ static void kvmppc_set_timer(struct kvm_vcpu *vcpu)
 		kvmppc_core_prepare_to_enter(vcpu);
 		return;
 	}
-	dec_nsec = (vcpu->arch.dec_expires - now) * NSEC_PER_SEC
-		   / tb_ticks_per_sec;
+	dec_nsec = tb_to_ns(vcpu->arch.dec_expires - now);
 	hrtimer_start(&vcpu->arch.dec_timer, dec_nsec, HRTIMER_MODE_REL);
 	vcpu->arch.timer_running = 1;
 }
diff --git a/arch/powerpc/kvm/emulate.c b/arch/powerpc/kvm/emulate.c
index fa888bf..7a7c348 100644
--- a/arch/powerpc/kvm/emulate.c
+++ b/arch/powerpc/kvm/emulate.c
@@ -62,11 +62,9 @@ void kvmppc_emulate_dec(struct kvm_vcpu *vcpu)
 	dec_time = vcpu->arch.dec;
 	/*
 	 * Guest timebase ticks at the same frequency as host decrementer.
-	 * So use the host decrementer calculations for decrementer emulation.
+	 * So use the host timebase calculations for decrementer emulation.
 	 */
-	dec_time = dec_time << decrementer_clockevent.shift;
-	do_div(dec_time, decrementer_clockevent.mult);
-	dec_nsec = do_div(dec_time, NSEC_PER_SEC);
+	dec_nsec = tb_to_ns(dec_time);
 	hrtimer_start(&vcpu->arch.dec_timer,
 		ktime_set(dec_time, dec_nsec), HRTIMER_MODE_REL);
 	vcpu->arch.dec_jiffies = get_tb();
-- 
2.7.4