Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Fix NMI IPI timeouts

From: Nicholas Piggin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 12:01:04 +1000

The first two patches fix timeouts and deadlocks using NMI IPIs.
The xmon deadlock fails with a timeout so it wasn't really noticed.
The infinite timeout only hits when the system is in really bad shape
or the sreset handler is broken somehow (e.g., running a guest and no
KVM test in the handler).

Patch 1 is a necessary fix. Patch 2 is a bigger change, we could live
without it because the sender will eventually time out and break the
deadlock.

Thanks,
Nick

Nicholas Piggin (3):
  powerpc/smp: Fix NMI IPI timeout
  powerpc/smp: Fix NMI IPI xmon timeout
  powerpc/smp: __smp_send_nmi_ipi static

 arch/powerpc/kernel/smp.c | 93 +++++++++++++--------------------------
 1 file changed, 30 insertions(+), 63 deletions(-)

-- 
2.19.2