Subject: Re: [PATCH v1 03/13] powerpc/mm/32s: rework mmu_mapin_ram()

From: Jonathan Neuschäfer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2018 22:55:58 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 07:00:16PM +0000, Christophe Leroy wrote:
> This patch reworks mmu_mapin_ram() to be more generic and map as much
> blocks as possible. It now supports blocks not starting at address 0.
> 
> It scans DBATs array to find free ones instead of forcing the use of
> BAT2 and BAT3.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Christophe Leroy <[email-masked]>
> ---

I've just tested this series on my Wii, and starting from this patch
(03/13), it hangs at the following lines of output:

[    0.000000] printk: bootconsole [udbg0] enabled
[    0.000000] Total memory = 319MB; using 1024kB for hash table (at (ptrval))

Before this patch it looks like this and boots to userspace:

[    0.000000] printk: bootconsole [udbg0] enabled
[    0.000000] Total memory = 319MB; using 1024kB for hash table (at (ptrval))
[    0.000000] Linux version 4.20.0-rc5-wii-00022-gfbb911b84755 (jn@longitude) (gcc version 8.2.0 (Debian 8.2.0-9)) #1337 PREEMPT Mon Dec 3 21:49:02 CET 2018
ug_udbg_init: early -> final
usbgecko_udbg: ready
[    0.000000] Using wii machine description
...

I've tested at patch 1, 2, 3, 4, and 13, so I don't know if it works
somewhere in the middle, but probably not.

(And in case you're wondering about the 22 in the version string: Those
are mostly patches that give me a serial console.)

I'm not sure what is going on, because I haven't looked closely at the
patches or tried to debug the problem. If you have some debugging tips,
I can try them.

Jonathan Neuschäfer