Subject: [PATCH V3 0/5] NestMMU pte upgrade workaround for mprotect

From: "Aneesh Kumar K.V" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2018 08:39:26 +0530

We can upgrade pte access (R -> RW transition) via mprotect. We need
to make sure we follow the recommended pte update sequence as outlined in
commit bd5050e38aec ("powerpc/mm/radix: Change pte relax sequence to handle nest MMU hang")
for such updates. This patch series do that.

Changes from V2:
* Update commit message for patch 4
* use radix tlb flush routines directly.

Changes from V1:
* Restrict ths only for R->RW upgrade. We don't need to do this for Autonuma
* Restrict this only for radix translation mode.

Aneesh Kumar K.V (5):
  mm: Update ptep_modify_prot_start/commit to take vm_area_struct as arg
  mm: update ptep_modify_prot_commit to take old pte value as arg
  arch/powerpc/mm: Nest MMU workaround for mprotect RW upgrade.
  mm/hugetlb: Add prot_modify_start/commit sequence for hugetlb update
  arch/powerpc/mm/hugetlb: NestMMU workaround for hugetlb mprotect RW
    upgrade

 arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/hugetlb.h | 12 ++++++++
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/pgtable.h | 18 ++++++++++++
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/radix.h   |  4 +++
 arch/powerpc/mm/hugetlbpage-radix.c          | 17 ++++++++++++
 arch/powerpc/mm/hugetlbpage.c                | 29 ++++++++++++++++++++
 arch/powerpc/mm/pgtable-book3s64.c           | 27 ++++++++++++++++++
 arch/powerpc/mm/pgtable-radix.c              | 18 ++++++++++++
 arch/s390/include/asm/pgtable.h              |  5 ++--
 arch/s390/mm/pgtable.c                       |  8 ++++--
 arch/x86/include/asm/paravirt.h              |  9 ++++--
 fs/proc/task_mmu.c                           |  8 ++++--
 include/asm-generic/pgtable.h                | 10 +++----
 include/linux/hugetlb.h                      | 20 ++++++++++++++
 mm/hugetlb.c                                 |  8 ++++--
 mm/memory.c                                  |  8 +++---
 mm/mprotect.c                                |  6 ++--
 16 files changed, 181 insertions(+), 26 deletions(-)

-- 
2.19.2