Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 5/5] powerpc: generate uapi header and system call table files

From: kbuild test robot <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2018 17:24:24 +0800

Hi Firoz,

Thank you for the patch! Yet something to improve:

[auto build test ERROR on powerpc/next]
[also build test ERROR on v4.20-rc6]
[cannot apply to next-20181211]
[if your patch is applied to the wrong git tree, please drop us a note to help improve the system]

url:    https://github.com/0day-ci/linux/commits/Firoz-Khan/powerpc-system-call-table-generation-support/20181209-185907
base:   https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/powerpc/linux.git next
config: powerpc-allnoconfig (attached as .config)
compiler: powerpc-linux-gnu-gcc (Debian 7.2.0-11) 7.2.0
reproduce:
        wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/intel/lkp-tests/master/sbin/make.cross -O ~/bin/make.cross
        chmod +x ~/bin/make.cross
        # save the attached .config to linux build tree
        GCC_VERSION=7.2.0 make.cross ARCH=powerpc 

All errors (new ones prefixed by >>):

   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h: Assembler messages:
>> ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:1: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:2: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:3: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:4: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:5: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:6: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:7: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:8: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:9: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:10: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:11: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:12: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:13: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:14: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:15: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:16: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:17: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:18: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:19: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:20: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:21: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:22: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:23: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:24: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:25: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:26: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:27: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:28: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:29: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:30: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:31: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:32: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:33: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:34: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:35: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:36: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:37: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:38: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:39: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:40: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:41: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:42: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:43: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:44: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:45: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:46: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:47: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:48: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:49: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:50: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:51: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:52: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:53: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:54: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:55: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:56: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:57: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:58: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:59: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:60: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:61: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:62: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:63: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:64: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:65: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:66: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:67: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:68: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:69: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:70: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:71: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:72: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:73: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:74: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:75: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:76: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:77: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:78: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:79: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:80: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:81: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:82: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:83: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:84: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:85: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:86: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:87: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:88: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:89: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:90: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:91: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:92: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:93: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:94: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:95: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:96: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:97: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:98: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:99: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:100: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('
   ./arch/powerpc/include/generated/asm/syscall_table_32.h:101: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `('

---
0-DAY kernel test infrastructure                Open Source Technology Center
https://lists.01.org/pipermail/kbuild-all                   Intel Corporation