Subject: Re: [PATCH] PCI: Add no-D3 quirk for Mellanox ConnectX-[45]

From: Jason Gunthorpe <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2019 08:27:49 -0700

On Wed, Jan 09, 2019 at 04:09:02PM +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> > POWER 8 firmware is good? If the link does eventually come back, is
> > the POWER8's D3 resumption timeout long enough?
> > 
> > If this doesn't lead to an obvious conclusion you'll probably need to
> > connect to IBM's Mellanox support team to get more information from
> > the card side.
> 
> We are IBM :-) So far, it seems to be that the card is doing something
> not quite right, but we don't know what. We might need to engage
> Mellanox themselves.

Sorry, it was unclear, I ment the support team for IBM inside Mellanox
..

There might be internal debugging available that can show if the card
is detecting the beacon, how far it gets in renegotiation, etc.

>From all the mails it really has the feel of a PCI-E interop problem between
these two specific chips..

Jason