Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 0/4] Add NXP AUDMIX device and machine drivers

From: Nicolin Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 11:46:42 -0800

On Fri, Jan 18, 2019 at 01:16:24PM +0000, Viorel Suman wrote:
> > > 1. Moved "dais" node from machine driver DTS node to device driver
> > > DTS node
> > >   as suggested by Rob.
> > That was not what I suggested. You still have a virtual node which
> > looks to me to be unnecessary.
> 
> To me removing virtual node implies that AUDMIX machine driver (imx-
> audmix.c + virtual node) shall be removed and machine driver code
> merged into device driver (fsl_audmix.c + device node) - please let me
> know if my understanding is wrong.

We could use a non-DT configuration right? From the driver logic,
DT just registers a device corresponding to the machine driver so
that it can probe(). We could register one in fsl_audmix instead.
Please refer to how fsl_ssi registers the sound card device. The
machine driver can get audmix_np from the parent device pointer,
and I think that's all you need.

Or maybe someone else would provide a better way. But it'd work.