Subject: [PATCH 10/17] powerpc/64s/exception: Move EXCEPTION_COMMON handler and return branches into callers

From: Nicholas Piggin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2019 00:18:21 +1000

The aim is to reduce the amount of indirection it takes to get through
the exception handler macros, particularly where it provides little
code sharing.

Signed-off-by: Nicholas Piggin <[email-masked]>
---
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/exception-64s.h | 26 ++++++++++++------------
 arch/powerpc/kernel/exceptions-64s.S     | 21 +++++++++++--------
 2 files changed, 26 insertions(+), 21 deletions(-)

diff --git a/arch/powerpc/include/asm/exception-64s.h b/arch/powerpc/include/asm/exception-64s.h
index 35efb46c6f5f..676c877f6190 100644
--- a/arch/powerpc/include/asm/exception-64s.h
+++ b/arch/powerpc/include/asm/exception-64s.h
@@ -661,30 +661,27 @@ BEGIN_FTR_SECTION				\
 	beql	ppc64_runlatch_on_trampoline;	\
 END_FTR_SECTION_IFSET(CPU_FTR_CTRL)
 
-#define EXCEPTION_COMMON(area, trap, label, hdlr, ret, additions) \
+#define EXCEPTION_COMMON(area, trap, label, additions)		\
 	EXCEPTION_PROLOG_COMMON(trap, area);			\
 	/* Volatile regs are potentially clobbered here */	\
-	additions;						\
-	addi	r3,r1,STACK_FRAME_OVERHEAD;			\
-	bl	hdlr;						\
-	b	ret
+	additions
 
 /*
  * Exception where stack is already set in r1, r1 is saved in r10, and it
  * continues rather than returns.
  */
-#define EXCEPTION_COMMON_NORET_STACK(area, trap, label, hdlr, additions) \
+#define EXCEPTION_COMMON_NORET_STACK(area, trap, label, additions) \
 	EXCEPTION_PROLOG_COMMON_1();				\
 	EXCEPTION_PROLOG_COMMON_2(area);			\
 	EXCEPTION_PROLOG_COMMON_3(trap);			\
 	/* Volatile regs are potentially clobbered here */	\
-	additions;						\
-	addi	r3,r1,STACK_FRAME_OVERHEAD;			\
-	bl	hdlr
+	additions
 
 #define STD_EXCEPTION_COMMON(trap, label, hdlr)			\
-	EXCEPTION_COMMON(PACA_EXGEN, trap, label, hdlr,		\
-		ret_from_except, ADD_NVGPRS;ADD_RECONCILE)
+	EXCEPTION_COMMON(PACA_EXGEN, trap, label, ADD_NVGPRS;ADD_RECONCILE); \
+	addi	r3,r1,STACK_FRAME_OVERHEAD;			\
+	bl	hdlr;						\
+	b	ret_from_except
 
 /*
  * Like STD_EXCEPTION_COMMON, but for exceptions that can occur
@@ -692,8 +689,11 @@ END_FTR_SECTION_IFSET(CPU_FTR_CTRL)
  * (finish nap and runlatch)
  */
 #define STD_EXCEPTION_COMMON_ASYNC(trap, label, hdlr)		\
-	EXCEPTION_COMMON(PACA_EXGEN, trap, label, hdlr,		\
-		ret_from_except_lite, FINISH_NAP;ADD_RECONCILE;RUNLATCH_ON)
+	EXCEPTION_COMMON(PACA_EXGEN, trap, label,		\
+		FINISH_NAP;ADD_RECONCILE;RUNLATCH_ON);		\
+	addi	r3,r1,STACK_FRAME_OVERHEAD;			\
+	bl	hdlr;						\
+	b	ret_from_except_lite
 
 /*
  * When the idle code in power4_idle puts the CPU into NAP mode,
diff --git a/arch/powerpc/kernel/exceptions-64s.S b/arch/powerpc/kernel/exceptions-64s.S
index d6316725a43b..6f0c270f45e4 100644
--- a/arch/powerpc/kernel/exceptions-64s.S
+++ b/arch/powerpc/kernel/exceptions-64s.S
@@ -180,9 +180,10 @@ EXC_COMMON_BEGIN(system_reset_common)
 	mr	r10,r1
 	ld	r1,PACA_NMI_EMERG_SP(r13)
 	subi	r1,r1,INT_FRAME_SIZE
-	EXCEPTION_COMMON_NORET_STACK(PACA_EXNMI, 0x100,
-			system_reset, system_reset_exception,
-			ADD_NVGPRS;ADD_RECONCILE_NMI)
+	EXCEPTION_COMMON_NORET_STACK(PACA_EXNMI, 0x100, system_reset,
+					ADD_NVGPRS;ADD_RECONCILE_NMI)
+	addi	r3,r1,STACK_FRAME_OVERHEAD
+	bl	system_reset_exception
 
 	/* This (and MCE) can be simplified with mtmsrd L=1 */
 	/* Clear MSR_RI before setting SRR0 and SRR1. */
@@ -1090,8 +1091,11 @@ hmi_exception_after_realmode:
 	b	tramp_real_hmi_exception
 
 EXC_COMMON_BEGIN(hmi_exception_common)
-EXCEPTION_COMMON(PACA_EXGEN, 0xe60, hmi_exception_common, handle_hmi_exception,
-        ret_from_except, FINISH_NAP;ADD_NVGPRS;ADD_RECONCILE;RUNLATCH_ON)
+EXCEPTION_COMMON(PACA_EXGEN, 0xe60, hmi_exception_common,
+			FINISH_NAP;ADD_NVGPRS;ADD_RECONCILE;RUNLATCH_ON)
+	addi	r3,r1,STACK_FRAME_OVERHEAD
+	bl	handle_hmi_exception
+	b	ret_from_except
 
 EXC_REAL_OOL_MASKABLE_HV(h_doorbell, 0xe80, 0x20, IRQS_DISABLED)
 EXC_VIRT_OOL_MASKABLE_HV(h_doorbell, 0x4e80, 0x20, 0xe80, IRQS_DISABLED)
@@ -1386,9 +1390,10 @@ EXC_COMMON_BEGIN(soft_nmi_common)
 	mr	r10,r1
 	ld	r1,PACAEMERGSP(r13)
 	subi	r1,r1,INT_FRAME_SIZE
-	EXCEPTION_COMMON_NORET_STACK(PACA_EXGEN, 0x900,
-			system_reset, soft_nmi_interrupt,
-			ADD_NVGPRS;ADD_RECONCILE)
+	EXCEPTION_COMMON_NORET_STACK(PACA_EXGEN, 0x900, system_reset,
+					ADD_NVGPRS;ADD_RECONCILE)
+	addi	r3,r1,STACK_FRAME_OVERHEAD
+	bl	soft_nmi_interrupt
 	b	ret_from_except
 
 #else /* CONFIG_PPC_WATCHDOG */
-- 
2.18.0