Subject: [PATCH v4 44/63] Documentation: x86: convert zero-page.txt to reST

From: Changbin Du <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2019 00:29:13 +0800

This converts the plain text documentation to reStructuredText format and
add it to Sphinx TOC tree. No essential content change.

Signed-off-by: Changbin Du <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/x86/index.rst     |  1 +
 Documentation/x86/zero-page.rst | 47 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 Documentation/x86/zero-page.txt | 40 ----------------------------
 3 files changed, 48 insertions(+), 40 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/x86/zero-page.rst
 delete mode 100644 Documentation/x86/zero-page.txt

diff --git a/Documentation/x86/index.rst b/Documentation/x86/index.rst
index 7b8388ebd43d..9a0b5f38ef6b 100644
--- a/Documentation/x86/index.rst
+++ b/Documentation/x86/index.rst
@@ -14,3 +14,4 @@ Linux x86 Support
    kernel-stacks
    entry_64
    earlyprintk
+   zero-page
diff --git a/Documentation/x86/zero-page.rst b/Documentation/x86/zero-page.rst
new file mode 100644
index 000000000000..deedbc84454d
--- /dev/null
+++ b/Documentation/x86/zero-page.rst
@@ -0,0 +1,47 @@
+.. SPDX-License-Identifier: GPL-2.0
+
+=========
+Zero Page
+=========
+
+The additional fields in struct boot_params as a part of 32-bit boot
+protocol of kernel. These should be filled by bootloader or 16-bit
+real-mode setup code of the kernel. References/settings to it mainly
+are in::
+
+  arch/x86/include/uapi/asm/bootparam.h
+
+::
+
+	Offset	Proto	Name		Meaning
+	/Size
+
+	000/040	ALL	screen_info	Text mode or frame buffer information
+					(struct screen_info)
+	040/014	ALL	apm_bios_info	APM BIOS information (struct apm_bios_info)
+	058/008	ALL	tboot_addr      Physical address of tboot shared page
+	060/010	ALL	ist_info	Intel SpeedStep (IST) BIOS support information
+					(struct ist_info)
+	080/010	ALL	hd0_info	hd0 disk parameter, OBSOLETE!!
+	090/010	ALL	hd1_info	hd1 disk parameter, OBSOLETE!!
+	0A0/010	ALL	sys_desc_table	System description table (struct sys_desc_table),
+					OBSOLETE!!
+	0B0/010	ALL	olpc_ofw_header	OLPC's OpenFirmware CIF and friends
+	0C0/004	ALL	ext_ramdisk_image ramdisk_image high 32bits
+	0C4/004	ALL	ext_ramdisk_size  ramdisk_size high 32bits
+	0C8/004	ALL	ext_cmd_line_ptr  cmd_line_ptr high 32bits
+	140/080	ALL	edid_info	Video mode setup (struct edid_info)
+	1C0/020	ALL	efi_info	EFI 32 information (struct efi_info)
+	1E0/004	ALL	alt_mem_k	Alternative mem check, in KB
+	1E4/004	ALL	scratch		Scratch field for the kernel setup code
+	1E8/001	ALL	e820_entries	Number of entries in e820_table (below)
+	1E9/001	ALL	eddbuf_entries	Number of entries in eddbuf (below)
+	1EA/001	ALL	edd_mbr_sig_buf_entries	Number of entries in edd_mbr_sig_buffer
+					(below)
+	1EB/001	ALL     kbd_status      Numlock is enabled
+	1EC/001	ALL     secure_boot	Secure boot is enabled in the firmware
+	1EF/001	ALL	sentinel	Used to detect broken bootloaders
+	290/040	ALL	edd_mbr_sig_buffer EDD MBR signatures
+	2D0/A00	ALL	e820_table	E820 memory map table
+					(array of struct e820_entry)
+	D00/1EC	ALL	eddbuf		EDD data (array of struct edd_info)
diff --git a/Documentation/x86/zero-page.txt b/Documentation/x86/zero-page.txt
deleted file mode 100644
index 68aed077f7b6..000000000000
--- a/Documentation/x86/zero-page.txt
+++ /dev/null
@@ -1,40 +0,0 @@
-The additional fields in struct boot_params as a part of 32-bit boot
-protocol of kernel. These should be filled by bootloader or 16-bit
-real-mode setup code of the kernel. References/settings to it mainly
-are in:
-
-  arch/x86/include/uapi/asm/bootparam.h
-
-
-Offset	Proto	Name		Meaning
-/Size
-
-000/040	ALL	screen_info	Text mode or frame buffer information
-				(struct screen_info)
-040/014	ALL	apm_bios_info	APM BIOS information (struct apm_bios_info)
-058/008	ALL	tboot_addr      Physical address of tboot shared page
-060/010	ALL	ist_info	Intel SpeedStep (IST) BIOS support information
-				(struct ist_info)
-080/010	ALL	hd0_info	hd0 disk parameter, OBSOLETE!!
-090/010	ALL	hd1_info	hd1 disk parameter, OBSOLETE!!
-0A0/010	ALL	sys_desc_table	System description table (struct sys_desc_table),
-				OBSOLETE!!
-0B0/010	ALL	olpc_ofw_header	OLPC's OpenFirmware CIF and friends
-0C0/004	ALL	ext_ramdisk_image ramdisk_image high 32bits
-0C4/004	ALL	ext_ramdisk_size  ramdisk_size high 32bits
-0C8/004	ALL	ext_cmd_line_ptr  cmd_line_ptr high 32bits
-140/080	ALL	edid_info	Video mode setup (struct edid_info)
-1C0/020	ALL	efi_info	EFI 32 information (struct efi_info)
-1E0/004	ALL	alt_mem_k	Alternative mem check, in KB
-1E4/004	ALL	scratch		Scratch field for the kernel setup code
-1E8/001	ALL	e820_entries	Number of entries in e820_table (below)
-1E9/001	ALL	eddbuf_entries	Number of entries in eddbuf (below)
-1EA/001	ALL	edd_mbr_sig_buf_entries	Number of entries in edd_mbr_sig_buffer
-				(below)
-1EB/001	ALL     kbd_status      Numlock is enabled
-1EC/001	ALL     secure_boot	Secure boot is enabled in the firmware
-1EF/001	ALL	sentinel	Used to detect broken bootloaders
-290/040	ALL	edd_mbr_sig_buffer EDD MBR signatures
-2D0/A00	ALL	e820_table	E820 memory map table
-				(array of struct e820_entry)
-D00/1EC	ALL	eddbuf		EDD data (array of struct edd_info)
-- 
2.20.1