Subject: [PATCH 3/3] powerpc/pseries: Don't update cpu topology after PRRN event

From: Tyrel Datwyler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2019 21:37:06 -0500

When we receive a PRRN event through the event-scan interface we call
pseries_devicetree_update() to update the affinty properties in our
device tree via RTAS. Following this our implemenation attempts to both
frob the existing kernel cpu numa affinities of the live system with the
new device tree properties while also performing a full cpu hotplug
readd of the affected cpus in resposne to the a OF property notifier
triggerd by the device tree update.

This patch does away with the topology update call to frob the
associativity since the DLPAR readd will put the cpu in the proper
numa node when its added back.

Signed-off-by: Tyrel Datwyler <[email-masked]>
---
 arch/powerpc/kernel/rtasd.c | 1 -
 1 file changed, 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/arch/powerpc/kernel/rtasd.c b/arch/powerpc/kernel/rtasd.c
index 8a1746d755c9..d3aa3a056d8e 100644
--- a/arch/powerpc/kernel/rtasd.c
+++ b/arch/powerpc/kernel/rtasd.c
@@ -285,7 +285,6 @@ static void handle_prrn_event(s32 scope)
 	 * the RTAS event.
 	 */
 	pseries_devicetree_update(-scope);
-	numa_update_cpu_topology(false);
 }
 
 static void handle_rtas_event(const struct rtas_error_log *log)
-- 
2.18.1