Subject: Re: [PATCH 22/22] docs: fix broken documentation links

From: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2019 06:46:14 -0300

Em Mon, 3 Jun 2019 09:34:15 +0200
Christophe Leroy <[email-masked]> escreveu:

> Le 30/05/2019 à 01:23, Mauro Carvalho Chehab a écrit :
> > Mostly due to x86 and acpi conversion, several documentation
> > links are still pointing to the old file. Fix them.
> > 
> > Signed-off-by: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <[email-masked]>
> > ---
> >   Documentation/acpi/dsd/leds.txt                  |  2 +-
> >   Documentation/admin-guide/kernel-parameters.rst  |  6 +++---
> >   Documentation/admin-guide/kernel-parameters.txt  | 16 ++++++++--------
> >   Documentation/admin-guide/ras.rst                |  2 +-
> >   .../devicetree/bindings/net/fsl-enetc.txt        |  7 +++----
> >   .../bindings/pci/amlogic,meson-pcie.txt          |  2 +-
> >   .../bindings/regulator/qcom,rpmh-regulator.txt   |  2 +-
> >   Documentation/devicetree/booting-without-of.txt  |  2 +-
> >   Documentation/driver-api/gpio/board.rst          |  2 +-
> >   Documentation/driver-api/gpio/consumer.rst       |  2 +-
> >   .../firmware-guide/acpi/enumeration.rst          |  2 +-
> >   .../firmware-guide/acpi/method-tracing.rst       |  2 +-
> >   Documentation/i2c/instantiating-devices          |  2 +-
> >   Documentation/sysctl/kernel.txt                  |  4 ++--
> >   .../translations/it_IT/process/howto.rst         |  2 +-
> >   .../it_IT/process/stable-kernel-rules.rst        |  4 ++--
> >   .../translations/zh_CN/process/4.Coding.rst      |  2 +-
> >   Documentation/x86/x86_64/5level-paging.rst       |  2 +-
> >   Documentation/x86/x86_64/boot-options.rst        |  4 ++--
> >   .../x86/x86_64/fake-numa-for-cpusets.rst         |  2 +-
> >   MAINTAINERS                                      |  6 +++---
> >   arch/arm/Kconfig                                 |  2 +-
> >   arch/arm64/kernel/kexec_image.c                  |  2 +-
> >   arch/powerpc/Kconfig                             |  2 +-
> >   arch/x86/Kconfig                                 | 16 ++++++++--------
> >   arch/x86/Kconfig.debug                           |  2 +-
> >   arch/x86/boot/header.S                           |  2 +-
> >   arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S                        |  2 +-
> >   arch/x86/include/asm/bootparam_utils.h           |  2 +-
> >   arch/x86/include/asm/page_64_types.h             |  2 +-
> >   arch/x86/include/asm/pgtable_64_types.h          |  2 +-
> >   arch/x86/kernel/cpu/microcode/amd.c              |  2 +-
> >   arch/x86/kernel/kexec-bzimage64.c                |  2 +-
> >   arch/x86/kernel/pci-dma.c                        |  2 +-
> >   arch/x86/mm/tlb.c                                |  2 +-
> >   arch/x86/platform/pvh/enlighten.c                |  2 +-
> >   drivers/acpi/Kconfig                             | 10 +++++-----
> >   drivers/net/ethernet/faraday/ftgmac100.c         |  2 +-
> >   .../fieldbus/Documentation/fieldbus_dev.txt      |  4 ++--
> >   drivers/vhost/vhost.c                            |  2 +-
> >   include/acpi/acpi_drivers.h                      |  2 +-
> >   include/linux/fs_context.h                       |  2 +-
> >   include/linux/lsm_hooks.h                        |  2 +-
> >   mm/Kconfig                                       |  2 +-
> >   security/Kconfig                                 |  2 +-
> >   tools/include/linux/err.h                        |  2 +-
> >   tools/objtool/Documentation/stack-validation.txt |  4 ++--
> >   tools/testing/selftests/x86/protection_keys.c    |  2 +-
> >   48 files changed, 77 insertions(+), 78 deletions(-)  
> 
> [...]
> 
> > diff --git a/arch/powerpc/Kconfig b/arch/powerpc/Kconfig
> > index 8c1c636308c8..e868d2bd48b8 100644
> > --- a/arch/powerpc/Kconfig
> > +++ b/arch/powerpc/Kconfig
> > @@ -898,7 +898,7 @@ config PPC_MEM_KEYS
> >   	  page-based protections, but without requiring modification of the
> >   	  page tables when an application changes protection domains.
> >   
> > -	  For details, see Documentation/vm/protection-keys.rst
> > +	  For details, see Documentation/x86/protection-keys.rst  
> 
> It looks strange to reference an x86 file, for powerpc arch.

Indeed. Yet, seeking for the API documented there:

 $ git grep -l pkey_mprotect
Documentation/x86/protection-keys.rst
arch/alpha/kernel/syscalls/syscall.tbl
arch/arm/tools/syscall.tbl
arch/arm64/include/asm/unistd32.h
arch/ia64/kernel/syscalls/syscall.tbl
arch/m68k/kernel/syscalls/syscall.tbl
arch/microblaze/kernel/syscalls/syscall.tbl
arch/mips/kernel/syscalls/syscall_n32.tbl
arch/mips/kernel/syscalls/syscall_n64.tbl
arch/mips/kernel/syscalls/syscall_o32.tbl
arch/parisc/kernel/syscalls/syscall.tbl
arch/powerpc/kernel/syscalls/syscall.tbl
arch/s390/kernel/syscalls/syscall.tbl
arch/sh/kernel/syscalls/syscall.tbl
arch/sparc/kernel/syscalls/syscall.tbl
arch/x86/entry/syscalls/syscall_32.tbl
arch/x86/entry/syscalls/syscall_64.tbl
arch/xtensa/kernel/syscalls/syscall.tbl
include/linux/syscalls.h
include/uapi/asm-generic/unistd.h
kernel/sys_ni.c
mm/mprotect.c
tools/include/uapi/asm-generic/unistd.h
tools/perf/arch/powerpc/entry/syscalls/syscall.tbl
tools/perf/arch/x86/entry/syscalls/syscall_64.tbl
tools/perf/builtin-trace.c
tools/testing/selftests/x86/protection_keys.c

Despite being used on several archs, the only documentation for it
is inside the x86 directory, as it seems that this is not
arch-specific.

Perhaps the file should, instead, be moved to another book.

Thanks,
Mauro