Subject: [RFC PATCH] Replaces long number representation by BIT() macro

From: Leonardo Bras <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2019 15:02:27 -0300

The main reason of this change is to make these bitmasks more readable.

The macro ASM_CONST() just appends an UL to it's parameter, so it can be
easily replaced by BIT_MASK, that already uses a UL representation.

ASM_CONST() in this file may behave different if __ASSEMBLY__ is defined,
as it is used on .S files, just leaving the parameter as is.

However, I have noticed no difference in the generated binary after this
change.

Signed-off-by: Leonardo Bras <[email-masked]>
---
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/firmware.h | 75 ++++++++++++++---------------
 1 file changed, 37 insertions(+), 38 deletions(-)

diff --git a/arch/powerpc/include/asm/firmware.h b/arch/powerpc/include/asm/firmware.h
index 00bc42d95679..7a5b0cc0bc85 100644
--- a/arch/powerpc/include/asm/firmware.h
+++ b/arch/powerpc/include/asm/firmware.h
@@ -14,46 +14,45 @@
 
 #ifdef __KERNEL__
 
-#include <asm/asm-const.h>
-
+#include <linux/bits.h>
 /* firmware feature bitmask values */
 
-#define FW_FEATURE_PFT		ASM_CONST(0x0000000000000001)
-#define FW_FEATURE_TCE		ASM_CONST(0x0000000000000002)
-#define FW_FEATURE_SPRG0	ASM_CONST(0x0000000000000004)
-#define FW_FEATURE_DABR		ASM_CONST(0x0000000000000008)
-#define FW_FEATURE_COPY		ASM_CONST(0x0000000000000010)
-#define FW_FEATURE_ASR		ASM_CONST(0x0000000000000020)
-#define FW_FEATURE_DEBUG	ASM_CONST(0x0000000000000040)
-#define FW_FEATURE_TERM		ASM_CONST(0x0000000000000080)
-#define FW_FEATURE_PERF		ASM_CONST(0x0000000000000100)
-#define FW_FEATURE_DUMP		ASM_CONST(0x0000000000000200)
-#define FW_FEATURE_INTERRUPT	ASM_CONST(0x0000000000000400)
-#define FW_FEATURE_MIGRATE	ASM_CONST(0x0000000000000800)
-#define FW_FEATURE_PERFMON	ASM_CONST(0x0000000000001000)
-#define FW_FEATURE_CRQ		ASM_CONST(0x0000000000002000)
-#define FW_FEATURE_VIO		ASM_CONST(0x0000000000004000)
-#define FW_FEATURE_RDMA		ASM_CONST(0x0000000000008000)
-#define FW_FEATURE_LLAN		ASM_CONST(0x0000000000010000)
-#define FW_FEATURE_BULK_REMOVE	ASM_CONST(0x0000000000020000)
-#define FW_FEATURE_XDABR	ASM_CONST(0x0000000000040000)
-#define FW_FEATURE_MULTITCE	ASM_CONST(0x0000000000080000)
-#define FW_FEATURE_SPLPAR	ASM_CONST(0x0000000000100000)
-#define FW_FEATURE_LPAR		ASM_CONST(0x0000000000400000)
-#define FW_FEATURE_PS3_LV1	ASM_CONST(0x0000000000800000)
-#define FW_FEATURE_HPT_RESIZE	ASM_CONST(0x0000000001000000)
-#define FW_FEATURE_CMO		ASM_CONST(0x0000000002000000)
-#define FW_FEATURE_VPHN		ASM_CONST(0x0000000004000000)
-#define FW_FEATURE_XCMO		ASM_CONST(0x0000000008000000)
-#define FW_FEATURE_OPAL		ASM_CONST(0x0000000010000000)
-#define FW_FEATURE_SET_MODE	ASM_CONST(0x0000000040000000)
-#define FW_FEATURE_BEST_ENERGY	ASM_CONST(0x0000000080000000)
-#define FW_FEATURE_TYPE1_AFFINITY ASM_CONST(0x0000000100000000)
-#define FW_FEATURE_PRRN		ASM_CONST(0x0000000200000000)
-#define FW_FEATURE_DRMEM_V2	ASM_CONST(0x0000000400000000)
-#define FW_FEATURE_DRC_INFO	ASM_CONST(0x0000000800000000)
-#define FW_FEATURE_BLOCK_REMOVE ASM_CONST(0x0000001000000000)
-#define FW_FEATURE_PAPR_SCM 	ASM_CONST(0x0000002000000000)
+#define FW_FEATURE_PFT		BIT(0)
+#define FW_FEATURE_TCE		BIT(1)
+#define FW_FEATURE_SPRG0		BIT(2)
+#define FW_FEATURE_DABR		BIT(3)
+#define FW_FEATURE_COPY		BIT(4)
+#define FW_FEATURE_ASR		BIT(5)
+#define FW_FEATURE_DEBUG		BIT(6)
+#define FW_FEATURE_TERM		BIT(7)
+#define FW_FEATURE_PERF		BIT(8)
+#define FW_FEATURE_DUMP		BIT(9)
+#define FW_FEATURE_INTERRUPT	BIT(10)
+#define FW_FEATURE_MIGRATE	BIT(11)
+#define FW_FEATURE_PERFMON	BIT(12)
+#define FW_FEATURE_CRQ		BIT(13)
+#define FW_FEATURE_VIO		BIT(14)
+#define FW_FEATURE_RDMA		BIT(15)
+#define FW_FEATURE_LLAN		BIT(16)
+#define FW_FEATURE_BULK_REMOVE	BIT(17)
+#define FW_FEATURE_XDABR		BIT(18)
+#define FW_FEATURE_MULTITCE	BIT(19)
+#define FW_FEATURE_SPLPAR	BIT(20)
+#define FW_FEATURE_LPAR		BIT(22)
+#define FW_FEATURE_PS3_LV1	BIT(23)
+#define FW_FEATURE_HPT_RESIZE	BIT(24)
+#define FW_FEATURE_CMO		BIT(25)
+#define FW_FEATURE_VPHN		BIT(26)
+#define FW_FEATURE_XCMO		BIT(27)
+#define FW_FEATURE_OPAL		BIT(28)
+#define FW_FEATURE_SET_MODE	BIT(30)
+#define FW_FEATURE_BEST_ENERGY	BIT(31)
+#define FW_FEATURE_TYPE1_AFFINITY BIT(32)
+#define FW_FEATURE_PRRN		BIT(33)
+#define FW_FEATURE_DRMEM_V2	BIT(34)
+#define FW_FEATURE_DRC_INFO	BIT(35)
+#define FW_FEATURE_BLOCK_REMOVE	BIT(36)
+#define FW_FEATURE_PAPR_SCM	BIT(37)
 
 #ifndef __ASSEMBLY__
 
-- 
2.17.1