Subject: [PATCH 1/3] KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Invalidate ERAT when flushing guest TLB entries

From: Suraj Jitindar Singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 11:46:49 +1000

When a guest vcpu moves from one physical thread to another it is
necessary for the host to perform a tlb flush on the previous core if
another vcpu from the same guest is going to run there. This is because the
guest may use the local form of the tlb invalidation instruction meaning
stale tlb entries would persist where it previously ran. This is handled
on guest entry in kvmppc_check_need_tlb_flush() which calls
flush_guest_tlb() to perform the tlb flush.

Previously the generic radix__local_flush_tlb_lpid_guest() function was
used, however the functionality was reimplemented in flush_guest_tlb()
to avoid the trace_tlbie() call as the flushing may be done in real
mode. The reimplementation in flush_guest_tlb() was missing an erat
invalidation after flushing the tlb.

This lead to observable memory corruption in the guest due to the
caching of stale translations. Fix this by adding the erat invalidation.

Fixes: 70ea13f6e609 "KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Flush TLB on secondary radix threads"

Signed-off-by: Suraj Jitindar Singh <[email-masked]>
---
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_builtin.c | 1 +
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)

diff --git a/arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_builtin.c b/arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_builtin.c
index 6035d24f1d1d..a46286f73eec 100644
--- a/arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_builtin.c
+++ b/arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_builtin.c
@@ -833,6 +833,7 @@ static void flush_guest_tlb(struct kvm *kvm)
 		}
 	}
 	asm volatile("ptesync": : :"memory");
+	asm volatile(PPC_INVALIDATE_ERAT : : :"memory");
 }
 
 void kvmppc_check_need_tlb_flush(struct kvm *kvm, int pcpu,
-- 
2.13.6