Subject: [PATCH v2 0/6] mm: Further memory block device cleanups

From: David Hildenbrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 12:35:14 +0200

@Andrew: Only patch 1 and 6 changed. The patches are based on the
same state as the previous patches (replace the old ones if possible).

Some further cleanups around memory block devices. Especially, clean up
and simplify walk_memory_range(). Including some other minor cleanups.

Compiled + tested on x86 with DIMMs under QEMU.

v1 -> v2:
- "mm: Section numbers use the type "unsigned long""
-- "unsigned long i" -> "unsigned long nr", in one case -> "int i"
- "drivers/base/memory.c: Get rid of find_memory_block_hinted("
-- Fix compilation error
-- Get rid of the "hint" parameter completely

David Hildenbrand (6):
  mm: Section numbers use the type "unsigned long"
  drivers/base/memory: Use "unsigned long" for block ids
  mm: Make register_mem_sect_under_node() static
  mm/memory_hotplug: Rename walk_memory_range() and pass start+size
    instead of pfns
  mm/memory_hotplug: Move and simplify walk_memory_blocks()
  drivers/base/memory.c: Get rid of find_memory_block_hinted()

 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/memtrace.c |  22 ++---
 drivers/acpi/acpi_memhotplug.c            |  19 +---
 drivers/base/memory.c                     | 115 ++++++++++++++--------
 drivers/base/node.c                       |   8 +-
 include/linux/memory.h                    |   5 +-
 include/linux/memory_hotplug.h            |   2 -
 include/linux/mmzone.h                    |   4 +-
 include/linux/node.h                      |   7 --
 mm/memory_hotplug.c                       |  57 +----------
 mm/sparse.c                               |  12 +--
 10 files changed, 105 insertions(+), 146 deletions(-)

-- 
2.21.0