Subject: [PATCH v3 0/6] mm: Further memory block device cleanups

From: David Hildenbrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 20:31:33 +0200

@Andrew: Only patch 1, 4 and 6 changed compared to v1.

Some further cleanups around memory block devices. Especially, clean up
and simplify walk_memory_range(). Including some other minor cleanups.

Compiled + tested on x86 with DIMMs under QEMU. Compile-tested on ppc64.

v2 -> v3:
- "mm/memory_hotplug: Rename walk_memory_range() and pass start+size .."
-- Avoid warning on ppc.
- "drivers/base/memory.c: Get rid of find_memory_block_hinted()"
-- Fixup a comment regarding hinted devices.

v1 -> v2:
- "mm: Section numbers use the type "unsigned long""
-- "unsigned long i" -> "unsigned long nr", in one case -> "int i"
- "drivers/base/memory.c: Get rid of find_memory_block_hinted("
-- Fix compilation error
-- Get rid of the "hint" parameter completely

David Hildenbrand (6):
  mm: Section numbers use the type "unsigned long"
  drivers/base/memory: Use "unsigned long" for block ids
  mm: Make register_mem_sect_under_node() static
  mm/memory_hotplug: Rename walk_memory_range() and pass start+size
    instead of pfns
  mm/memory_hotplug: Move and simplify walk_memory_blocks()
  drivers/base/memory.c: Get rid of find_memory_block_hinted()

 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/memtrace.c |  23 ++---
 drivers/acpi/acpi_memhotplug.c            |  19 +---
 drivers/base/memory.c                     | 120 +++++++++++++---------
 drivers/base/node.c                       |   8 +-
 include/linux/memory.h                    |   5 +-
 include/linux/memory_hotplug.h            |   2 -
 include/linux/mmzone.h                    |   4 +-
 include/linux/node.h                      |   7 --
 mm/memory_hotplug.c                       |  57 +---------
 mm/sparse.c                               |  12 +--
 10 files changed, 106 insertions(+), 151 deletions(-)

-- 
2.21.0