Subject: [PATCH v2 1/3] arm64: mm: Add p?d_large() definitions

From: Nicholas Piggin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2019 16:40:24 +1000

walk_page_range() is going to be allowed to walk page tables other than
those of user space. For this it needs to know when it has reached a
'leaf' entry in the page tables. This information will be provided by the
p?d_large() functions/macros.

For arm64, we already have p?d_sect() macros which we can reuse for
p?d_large().

pud_sect() is defined as a dummy function when CONFIG_PGTABLE_LEVELS < 3
or CONFIG_ARM64_64K_PAGES is defined. However when the kernel is
configured this way then architecturally it isn't allowed to have a
large page that this level, and any code using these page walking macros
is implicitly relying on the page size/number of levels being the same as
the kernel. So it is safe to reuse this for p?d_large() as it is an
architectural restriction.

Cc: Catalin Marinas <[email-masked]>
Cc: Will Deacon <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Steven Price <[email-masked]>
---
 arch/arm64/include/asm/pgtable.h | 2 ++
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+)

diff --git a/arch/arm64/include/asm/pgtable.h b/arch/arm64/include/asm/pgtable.h
index fca26759081a..0e973201bc16 100644
--- a/arch/arm64/include/asm/pgtable.h
+++ b/arch/arm64/include/asm/pgtable.h
@@ -417,6 +417,7 @@ extern pgprot_t phys_mem_access_prot(struct file *file, unsigned long pfn,
 				 PMD_TYPE_TABLE)
 #define pmd_sect(pmd)		((pmd_val(pmd) & PMD_TYPE_MASK) == \
 				 PMD_TYPE_SECT)
+#define pmd_large(pmd)		pmd_sect(pmd)
 
 #if defined(CONFIG_ARM64_64K_PAGES) || CONFIG_PGTABLE_LEVELS < 3
 #define pud_sect(pud)		(0)
@@ -499,6 +500,7 @@ static inline void pte_unmap(pte_t *pte) { }
 #define pud_none(pud)		(!pud_val(pud))
 #define pud_bad(pud)		(!(pud_val(pud) & PUD_TABLE_BIT))
 #define pud_present(pud)	pte_present(pud_pte(pud))
+#define pud_large(pud)		pud_sect(pud)
 #define pud_valid(pud)		pte_valid(pud_pte(pud))
 
 static inline void set_pud(pud_t *pudp, pud_t pud)
-- 
2.20.1