Subject: [PATCH 00/11] opencapi: enable card reset and link retraining

From: Frederic Barrat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2019 17:45:49 +0200

This is the linux part of the work to use the PCI hotplug framework to
control an opencapi card so that it can be reset and re-read after
flashing a new FPGA image. I had posted it earlier as an RFC and this
version is mostly similar, with just some minor editing.

It needs support in skiboot:
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/skiboot/list/?series=129724
On an old skiboot, it will do nothing.

A virtual PCI slot is created for the opencapi adapter, and its state
can be controlled through the pnv-php hotplug driver:

  echo 0|1 > /sys/bus/pci/slots/OPENCAPI-<...>/power

Note that the power to the card is not really turned off, as the card
needs to stay on to be flashed with a new image. Instead the card is
in reset.

The first part of the series mostly deals with the pci/ioda state, as
the opencapi devices can now go away and the state needs to be cleaned
up.

The second part is modifications to the PCI hotplug driver on powernv,
so that a virtual slot is created for the opencapi adapters found in
the device tree.

Frederic Barrat (11):
  powerpc/powernv/ioda: Fix ref count for devices with their own PE
  powerpc/powernv/ioda: Protect PE list
  powerpc/powernv/ioda: set up PE on opencapi device when enabling
  powerpc/powernv/ioda: Release opencapi device
  powerpc/powernv/ioda: Find opencapi slot for a device node
  pci/hotplug/pnv-php: Remove erroneous warning
  pci/hotplug/pnv-php: Improve error msg on power state change failure
  pci/hotplug/pnv-php: Register opencapi slots
  pci/hotplug/pnv-php: Relax check when disabling slot
  pci/hotplug/pnv-php: Wrap warnings in macro
  ocxl: Add PCI hotplug dependency to Kconfig

 arch/powerpc/include/asm/pnv-pci.h        |   1 +
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/pci-ioda.c | 107 ++++++++++++++--------
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/pci.c      |  10 +-
 drivers/misc/ocxl/Kconfig                 |   1 +
 drivers/pci/hotplug/pnv_php.c             |  82 ++++++++++-------
 5 files changed, 125 insertions(+), 76 deletions(-)

-- 
2.21.0