Subject: Re: [PATCH v6] numa: make node_to_cpumask_map() NUMA_NO_NODE aware

From: Peter Zijlstra <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2019 13:58:04 +0200

On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 07:44:28PM +0800, Yunsheng Lin wrote:
> From [1], there is a lot of devices with node id of NUMA_NO_NODE with the
> FW_BUG.
> 
> [1] https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email-masked]/

So aside of all the software devices which we can (and really should)
fix; these:

26.470076]  pci0000:00: has invalid NUMA node(-1), default node of 0 now selected. Readjust it by writing to sysfs numa_node or contact your vendor for updates.
26.815436]  pci0000:7b: has invalid NUMA node(-1), default node of 0 now selected. Readjust it by writing to sysfs numa_node or contact your vendor for updates.
27.004447]  pci0000:7a: has invalid NUMA node(-1), default node of 0 now selected. Readjust it by writing to sysfs numa_node or contact your vendor for updates.
27.236797]  pci0000:78: has invalid NUMA node(-1), default node of 0 now selected. Readjust it by writing to sysfs numa_node or contact your vendor for updates.
27.505833]  pci0000:7c: has invalid NUMA node(-1), default node of 0 now selected. Readjust it by writing to sysfs numa_node or contact your vendor for updates.
28.056452]  pci0000:74: has invalid NUMA node(-1), default node of 0 now selected. Readjust it by writing to sysfs numa_node or contact your vendor for updates.
28.470018]  pci0000:80: has invalid NUMA node(-1), default node of 0 now selected. Readjust it by writing to sysfs numa_node or contact your vendor for updates.
28.726411]  pci0000:bb: has invalid NUMA node(-1), default node of 0 now selected. Readjust it by writing to sysfs numa_node or contact your vendor for updates.
28.916656]  pci0000:ba: has invalid NUMA node(-1), default node of 0 now selected. Readjust it by writing to sysfs numa_node or contact your vendor for updates.
29.152839]  pci0000:b8: has invalid NUMA node(-1), default node of 0 now selected. Readjust it by writing to sysfs numa_node or contact your vendor for updates.
29.425808]  pci0000:bc: has invalid NUMA node(-1), default node of 0 now selected. Readjust it by writing to sysfs numa_node or contact your vendor for updates.
29.718593]  pci0000:b4: has invalid NUMA node(-1), default node of 0 now selected. Readjust it by writing to sysfs numa_node or contact your vendor for updates.

look like actual problems. How can PCI devices not have a node assigned?