Subject: [PATCH AUTOSEL 5.3 42/87] powerpc/xmon: Check for HV mode when dumping XIVE info from OPAL

From: Sasha Levin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2019 12:40:58 -0400

From: Cédric Le Goater <[email-masked]>

[ Upstream commit c3e0dbd7f780a58c4695f1cd8fc8afde80376737 ]

Currently, the xmon 'dx' command calls OPAL to dump the XIVE state in
the OPAL logs and also outputs some of the fields of the internal XIVE
structures in Linux. The OPAL calls can only be done on baremetal
(PowerNV) and they crash a pseries machine. Fix by checking the
hypervisor feature of the CPU.

Signed-off-by: Cédric Le Goater <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/[email-masked]
Signed-off-by: Sasha Levin <[email-masked]>
---
 arch/powerpc/xmon/xmon.c | 17 ++++++++++-------
 1 file changed, 10 insertions(+), 7 deletions(-)

diff --git a/arch/powerpc/xmon/xmon.c b/arch/powerpc/xmon/xmon.c
index 14e56c25879fa..25d4adccf750f 100644
--- a/arch/powerpc/xmon/xmon.c
+++ b/arch/powerpc/xmon/xmon.c
@@ -2534,13 +2534,16 @@ static void dump_pacas(void)
 static void dump_one_xive(int cpu)
 {
 	unsigned int hwid = get_hard_smp_processor_id(cpu);
-
-	opal_xive_dump(XIVE_DUMP_TM_HYP, hwid);
-	opal_xive_dump(XIVE_DUMP_TM_POOL, hwid);
-	opal_xive_dump(XIVE_DUMP_TM_OS, hwid);
-	opal_xive_dump(XIVE_DUMP_TM_USER, hwid);
-	opal_xive_dump(XIVE_DUMP_VP, hwid);
-	opal_xive_dump(XIVE_DUMP_EMU_STATE, hwid);
+	bool hv = cpu_has_feature(CPU_FTR_HVMODE);
+
+	if (hv) {
+		opal_xive_dump(XIVE_DUMP_TM_HYP, hwid);
+		opal_xive_dump(XIVE_DUMP_TM_POOL, hwid);
+		opal_xive_dump(XIVE_DUMP_TM_OS, hwid);
+		opal_xive_dump(XIVE_DUMP_TM_USER, hwid);
+		opal_xive_dump(XIVE_DUMP_VP, hwid);
+		opal_xive_dump(XIVE_DUMP_EMU_STATE, hwid);
+	}
 
 	if (setjmp(bus_error_jmp) != 0) {
 		catch_memory_errors = 0;
-- 
2.20.1