Subject: [PATCH v4 0/4] KASAN for powerpc64 radix

From: Daniel Axtens <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2019 11:36:26 +1100

Building on the work of Christophe, Aneesh and Balbir, I've ported
KASAN to 64-bit Book3S kernels running on the Radix MMU.

This provides full inline instrumentation on radix, but does require
that you be able to specify the amount of physically contiguous memory
on the system at compile time. More details in patch 4.

v4: More cleanups, split renaming out, clarify bits and bobs.
    Drop the stack walk disablement, that isn't needed. No other
    functional change.

v3: Reduce the overly ambitious scope of the MAX_PTRS change.
    Document more things, including around why some of the
    restrictions apply.
    Clean up the code more, thanks Christophe.

v2: The big change is the introduction of tree-wide(ish)
    MAX_PTRS_PER_{PTE,PMD,PUD} macros in preference to the previous
    approach, which was for the arch to override the page table array
    definitions with their own. (And I squashed the annoying
    intermittent crash!)

    Apart from that there's just a lot of cleanup. Christophe, I've
    addressed most of what you asked for and I will reply to your v1
    emails to clarify what remains unchanged.

Daniel Axtens (4):
  kasan: define and use MAX_PTRS_PER_* for early shadow tables
  kasan: Document support on 32-bit powerpc
  powerpc/mm/kasan: rename kasan_init_32.c to init_32.c
  powerpc: Book3S 64-bit "heavyweight" KASAN support

 Documentation/dev-tools/kasan.rst             |   7 +-
 Documentation/powerpc/kasan.txt               | 122 ++++++++++++++++++
 arch/powerpc/Kconfig                          |   2 +
 arch/powerpc/Kconfig.debug                    |  21 +++
 arch/powerpc/Makefile                         |  11 ++
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/hash.h     |   4 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/pgtable.h  |   7 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/radix.h    |   5 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/kasan.h              |  21 ++-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/prom.c                    |  61 ++++++++-
 arch/powerpc/mm/kasan/Makefile                |   3 +-
 .../mm/kasan/{kasan_init_32.c => init_32.c}   |   0
 arch/powerpc/mm/kasan/init_book3s_64.c        |  70 ++++++++++
 arch/powerpc/platforms/Kconfig.cputype        |   1 +
 include/linux/kasan.h                         |  18 ++-
 mm/kasan/init.c                               |   6 +-
 16 files changed, 346 insertions(+), 13 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/powerpc/kasan.txt
 rename arch/powerpc/mm/kasan/{kasan_init_32.c => init_32.c} (100%)
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/mm/kasan/init_book3s_64.c

-- 
2.20.1