Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 02/22] compat: provide compat_ptr() on all architectures

From: Heiko Carstens <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2020 18:51:20 +0100

On Thu, Jan 02, 2020 at 03:55:20PM +0100, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> In order to avoid needless #ifdef CONFIG_COMPAT checks,
> move the compat_ptr() definition to linux/compat.h
> where it can be seen by any file regardless of the
> architecture.
> 
> Only s390 needs a special definition, this can use the
> self-#define trick we have elsewhere.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>
> ---
>  arch/arm64/include/asm/compat.h   | 17 -----------------
>  arch/mips/include/asm/compat.h    | 18 ------------------
>  arch/parisc/include/asm/compat.h  | 17 -----------------
>  arch/powerpc/include/asm/compat.h | 17 -----------------
>  arch/powerpc/oprofile/backtrace.c |  2 +-
>  arch/s390/include/asm/compat.h    |  6 +-----
>  arch/sparc/include/asm/compat.h   | 17 -----------------
>  arch/x86/include/asm/compat.h     | 17 -----------------
>  include/linux/compat.h            | 18 ++++++++++++++++++
>  9 files changed, 20 insertions(+), 109 deletions(-)

For s390:

Acked-by: Heiko Carstens <[email-masked]>