Subject: [PATCH AUTOSEL 5.4 089/459] powerpc/pseries/vio: Fix iommu_table use-after-free refcount warning

From: Sasha Levin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2020 10:55:39 -0500

From: Tyrel Datwyler <[email-masked]>

[ Upstream commit aff8c8242bc638ba57247ae1ec5f272ac3ed3b92 ]

Commit e5afdf9dd515 ("powerpc/vfio_spapr_tce: Add reference counting to
iommu_table") missed an iommu_table allocation in the pseries vio code.
The iommu_table is allocated with kzalloc and as a result the associated
kref gets a value of zero. This has the side effect that during a DLPAR
remove of the associated virtual IOA the iommu_tce_table_put() triggers
a use-after-free underflow warning.

Call Trace:
[c0000002879e39f0] [c00000000071ecb4] refcount_warn_saturate+0x184/0x190
(unreliable)
[c0000002879e3a50] [c0000000000500ac] iommu_tce_table_put+0x9c/0xb0
[c0000002879e3a70] [c0000000000f54e4] vio_dev_release+0x34/0x70
[c0000002879e3aa0] [c00000000087cfa4] device_release+0x54/0xf0
[c0000002879e3b10] [c000000000d64c84] kobject_cleanup+0xa4/0x240
[c0000002879e3b90] [c00000000087d358] put_device+0x28/0x40
[c0000002879e3bb0] [c0000000007a328c] dlpar_remove_slot+0x15c/0x250
[c0000002879e3c50] [c0000000007a348c] remove_slot_store+0xac/0xf0
[c0000002879e3cd0] [c000000000d64220] kobj_attr_store+0x30/0x60
[c0000002879e3cf0] [c0000000004ff13c] sysfs_kf_write+0x6c/0xa0
[c0000002879e3d10] [c0000000004fde4c] kernfs_fop_write+0x18c/0x260
[c0000002879e3d60] [c000000000410f3c] __vfs_write+0x3c/0x70
[c0000002879e3d80] [c000000000415408] vfs_write+0xc8/0x250
[c0000002879e3dd0] [c0000000004157dc] ksys_write+0x7c/0x120
[c0000002879e3e20] [c00000000000b278] system_call+0x5c/0x68

Further, since the refcount was always zero the iommu_tce_table_put()
fails to call the iommu_table release function resulting in a leak.

Fix this issue be initilizing the iommu_table kref immediately after
allocation.

Fixes: e5afdf9dd515 ("powerpc/vfio_spapr_tce: Add reference counting to iommu_table")
Signed-off-by: Tyrel Datwyler <[email-masked]>
Reviewed-by: Alexey Kardashevskiy <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/r/[email-masked]
Signed-off-by: Sasha Levin <[email-masked]>
---
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/vio.c | 2 ++
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+)

diff --git a/arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/vio.c b/arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/vio.c
index 79e2287991dbb..f682b7babc09c 100644
--- a/arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/vio.c
+++ b/arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/vio.c
@@ -1176,6 +1176,8 @@ static struct iommu_table *vio_build_iommu_table(struct vio_dev *dev)
 	if (tbl == NULL)
 		return NULL;
 
+	kref_init(&tbl->it_kref);
+
 	of_parse_dma_window(dev->dev.of_node, dma_window,
 			    &tbl->it_index, &offset, &size);
 
-- 
2.20.1