Subject: [patch V2 01/15] PCI/switchtec: Fix init_completion race condition with poll_wait()

From: Thomas Gleixner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2020 21:43:03 +0100

From: Logan Gunthorpe <[email-masked]>

The call to init_completion() in mrpc_queue_cmd() can theoretically
race with the call to poll_wait() in switchtec_dev_poll().

  poll()			write()
    switchtec_dev_poll()   	  switchtec_dev_write()
      poll_wait(&s->comp.wait);      mrpc_queue_cmd()
			               init_completion(&s->comp)
				         init_waitqueue_head(&s->comp.wait)

To my knowledge, no one has hit this bug.

Fix this by using reinit_completion() instead of init_completion() in
mrpc_queue_cmd().

Fixes: 080b47def5e5 ("MicroSemi Switchtec management interface driver")
Reported-by: Sebastian Andrzej Siewior <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Logan Gunthorpe <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Thomas Gleixner <[email-masked]>
Link: https://lkml.kernel.org/r/[email-masked]

---
 drivers/pci/switch/switchtec.c | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/drivers/pci/switch/switchtec.c b/drivers/pci/switch/switchtec.c
index a823b4b8ef8a..81dc7ac01381 100644
--- a/drivers/pci/switch/switchtec.c
+++ b/drivers/pci/switch/switchtec.c
@@ -175,7 +175,7 @@ static int mrpc_queue_cmd(struct switchtec_user *stuser)
 	kref_get(&stuser->kref);
 	stuser->read_len = sizeof(stuser->data);
 	stuser_set_state(stuser, MRPC_QUEUED);
-	init_completion(&stuser->comp);
+	reinit_completion(&stuser->comp);
 	list_add_tail(&stuser->list, &stdev->mrpc_queue);
 
 	mrpc_cmd_submit(stdev);
-- 
2.20.1