Subject: [PATCH v4 00/16] Initial Prefixed Instruction support

From: Jordan Niethe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2020 16:17:53 +1100

A future revision of the ISA will introduce prefixed instructions. A
prefixed instruction is composed of a 4-byte prefix followed by a
4-byte suffix.

All prefixes have the major opcode 1. A prefix will never be a valid
word instruction. A suffix may be an existing word instruction or a
new instruction.

This series enables prefixed instructions and extends the instruction
emulation to support them. Then the places where prefixed instructions
might need to be emulated are updated.

The series is based on top of:
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/1232619/ as this will effect
kprobes.

v4 is based on feedback from Nick Piggins, Christophe Leroy and Daniel Axtens.
The major changes:
    - Move xmon breakpoints from data section to text section
    - Introduce a data type for instructions on powerpc

v3 is based on feedback from Christophe Leroy. The major changes:
    - Completely replacing store_inst() with patch_instruction() in
      xmon
    - Improve implementation of mread_instr() to not use mread().
    - Base the series on top of
      https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/1232619/ as this will effect
      kprobes.
    - Some renaming and simplification of conditionals.

v2 incorporates feedback from Daniel Axtens and and Balamuruhan
S. The major changes are:
    - Squashing together all commits about SRR1 bits
    - Squashing all commits for supporting prefixed load stores
    - Changing abbreviated references to sufx/prfx -> suffix/prefix
    - Introducing macros for returning the length of an instruction
    - Removing sign extension flag from pstd/pld in sstep.c
    - Dropping patch  "powerpc/fault: Use analyse_instr() to check for
      store with updates to sp" from the series, it did not really fit
      with prefixed enablement in the first place and as reported by Greg
      Kurz did not work correctly.

Alistair Popple (1):
  powerpc: Enable Prefixed Instructions

Jordan Niethe (15):
  powerpc/xmon: Remove store_inst() for patch_instruction()
  xmon: Move out-of-line instructions to text section
  powerpc: Use a datatype for instructions
  powerpc: Use a macro for creating instructions from u32s
  powerpc: Use a function for masking instructions
  powerpc: Use a function for getting the instruction op code
  powerpc: Introduce functions for instruction nullity and equality
  powerpc: Use an accessor for word instructions
  powerpc: Use a function for reading instructions
  powerpc: Make test_translate_branch() independent of instruction
    length
  powerpc: Define new SRR1 bits for a future ISA version
  powerpc: Support prefixed instructions in alignment handler
  powerpc64: Add prefixed instructions to instruction data type
  powerpc sstep: Add support for prefixed load/stores
  powerpc sstep: Add support for prefixed fixed-point arithmetic

 arch/powerpc/include/asm/code-patching.h |  33 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/inst.h          | 143 +++++++
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/kprobes.h       |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/reg.h           |   7 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/sstep.h         |  15 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/uaccess.h       |  22 ++
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/uprobes.h       |   6 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/align.c              |  13 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/hw_breakpoint.c      |   5 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/jump_label.c         |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/kprobes.c            |  19 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/mce_power.c          |   5 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/module_64.c          |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/optprobes.c          |  68 ++--
 arch/powerpc/kernel/optprobes_head.S     |   3 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/security.c           |   8 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/trace/ftrace.c       | 179 +++++----
 arch/powerpc/kernel/traps.c              |  22 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/uprobes.c            |   4 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/vmlinux.lds.S        |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_nested.c      |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_rm_mmu.c      |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/kvm/emulate_loadstore.c     |   3 +-
 arch/powerpc/lib/code-patching.c         | 184 ++++-----
 arch/powerpc/lib/feature-fixups.c        |  47 +--
 arch/powerpc/lib/sstep.c                 | 455 ++++++++++++++++-------
 arch/powerpc/lib/test_emulate_step.c     |  56 +--
 arch/powerpc/xmon/xmon.c                 |  93 +++--
 28 files changed, 925 insertions(+), 477 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/include/asm/inst.h

-- 
2.17.1