Subject: [PATCH v2 20/20] docs/vm: update memory-models documentation

From: Mike Rapoport <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2020 15:11:26 +0300

From: Mike Rapoport <[email-masked]>

to reflect the updates to free_area_init() family of functions.

Signed-off-by: Mike Rapoport <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/vm/memory-model.rst | 9 ++++-----
 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

diff --git a/Documentation/vm/memory-model.rst b/Documentation/vm/memory-model.rst
index 58a12376b7df..91228044ed16 100644
--- a/Documentation/vm/memory-model.rst
+++ b/Documentation/vm/memory-model.rst
@@ -46,11 +46,10 @@ maps the entire physical memory. For most architectures, the holes
 have entries in the `mem_map` array. The `struct page` objects
 corresponding to the holes are never fully initialized.
 
-To allocate the `mem_map` array, architecture specific setup code
-should call :c:func:`free_area_init_node` function or its convenience
-wrapper :c:func:`free_area_init`. Yet, the mappings array is not
-usable until the call to :c:func:`memblock_free_all` that hands all
-the memory to the page allocator.
+To allocate the `mem_map` array, architecture specific setup code should
+call :c:func:`free_area_init` function. Yet, the mappings array is not
+usable until the call to :c:func:`memblock_free_all` that hands all the
+memory to the page allocator.
 
 If an architecture enables `CONFIG_ARCH_HAS_HOLES_MEMORYMODEL` option,
 it may free parts of the `mem_map` array that do not cover the
-- 
2.26.1