Subject: [PATCH v2 0/3] mm/memory_hotplug: Allow to not create firmware memmap entries

From: David Hildenbrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 12:29:05 +0200

This is the follow up of [1]:
	[PATCH v1 0/3] mm/memory_hotplug: Make virtio-mem play nicely with
	kexec-tools

I realized that this is not only helpful for virtio-mem, but also for
dax/kmem - it's a fix for that use case (see patch #3) of persistent
memory.

Also, while testing, I discovered that kexec-tools will *not* add dax/kmem
memory (anything not directly under the root when parsing /proc/iomem) to
the elfcorehdr, so this memory will never get included in a dump. This
probably has to be fixed in kexec-tools - virtio-mem will require this as
well.

v1 -> v2:
- Don't change the resource name
- Rename the flag to MHP_NO_FIRMWARE_MEMMAP to reflect what it is doing
- Rephrase subjects/descriptions
- Use the flag for dax/kmem

I'll have to rebase virtio-mem on these changes, there will be a resend.

[1] https://lkml.kernel.org/r/[email-masked]

David Hildenbrand (3):
  mm/memory_hotplug: Prepare passing flags to add_memory() and friends
  mm/memory_hotplug: Introduce MHP_NO_FIRMWARE_MEMMAP
  device-dax: Add system ram (add_memory()) with MHP_NO_FIRMWARE_MEMMAP

 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/memtrace.c       |  2 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/hotplug-memory.c |  2 +-
 drivers/acpi/acpi_memhotplug.c                  |  2 +-
 drivers/base/memory.c                           |  2 +-
 drivers/dax/kmem.c                              |  3 ++-
 drivers/hv/hv_balloon.c                         |  2 +-
 drivers/s390/char/sclp_cmd.c                    |  2 +-
 drivers/xen/balloon.c                           |  2 +-
 include/linux/memory_hotplug.h                  | 15 ++++++++++++---
 mm/memory_hotplug.c                             | 14 ++++++++------
 10 files changed, 29 insertions(+), 17 deletions(-)

-- 
2.25.3