Subject: [PATCH] KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: relax check on H_SVM_INIT_ABORT

From: Laurent Dufour <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2020 18:51:10 +0200

The commit 8c47b6ff29e3 ("KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Check caller of H_SVM_*
Hcalls") added checks of secure bit of SRR1 to filter out the Hcall
reserved to the Ultravisor.

However, the Hcall H_SVM_INIT_ABORT is made by the Ultravisor passing the
context of the VM calling UV_ESM. This allows the Hypervisor to return to
the guest without going through the Ultravisor. Thus the Secure bit of SRR1
is not set in that particular case.

In the case a regular VM is calling H_SVM_INIT_ABORT, this hcall will be
filtered out in kvmppc_h_svm_init_abort() because kvm->arch.secure_guest is
not set in that case.

Fixes: 8c47b6ff29e3 ("KVM: PPC: Book3S HV: Check caller of H_SVM_* Hcalls")
Signed-off-by: Laurent Dufour <[email-masked]>
---
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv.c | 4 +---
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 3 deletions(-)

diff --git a/arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv.c b/arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv.c
index 93493f0cbfe8..eb1f96cb7b72 100644
--- a/arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv.c
+++ b/arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv.c
@@ -1099,9 +1099,7 @@ int kvmppc_pseries_do_hcall(struct kvm_vcpu *vcpu)
 			ret = kvmppc_h_svm_init_done(vcpu->kvm);
 		break;
 	case H_SVM_INIT_ABORT:
-		ret = H_UNSUPPORTED;
-		if (kvmppc_get_srr1(vcpu) & MSR_S)
-			ret = kvmppc_h_svm_init_abort(vcpu->kvm);
+		ret = kvmppc_h_svm_init_abort(vcpu->kvm);
 		break;
 
 	default:
-- 
2.26.2