Subject: Re: [PATCH 8/8] macintosh/adb-iop: Implement SRQ autopolling

From: Brad Boyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2020 13:01:40 -0700

On Sun, May 31, 2020 at 10:38:04AM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> >  arch/m68k/include/asm/adb_iop.h |  1 +
> 
> As this header file is used by a single source file only, perhaps it should
> just be absorbed by the latter?
> Then you no longer need my Acked-by for future changes ;-)

While I don't really feel involved in this specific change (although I
was one of the testers when the driver was first written), I am a little
curious about the current coding standards. This header is pretty much
just a declaration of the hardware interface, of which there are many
in this directory. Is it better to just define all the offsets and bits
for hardware registers inside the driver? We used to always put them in
headers like this, but is that not the current standard? Would it be
cleaner to put such headers in the directory with the driver effectively
making them private? I seem to see quite a bit of that as well.

Thank you for your advice.

	Brad Boyer
	[email-masked]