Subject: [PATCH 0/2] pseries extended cede cpu offline mode removal

From: Nathan Lynch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2020 23:31:38 -0500

I propose removing the "extended cede" offline mode for CPUs as well
as the partition suspend code which accommodates it by temporarily
onlining all CPUs prior to suspending the LPAR.

Detailed justifications are within the individual commit messages.

I'm hoping to move the pseries partition suspend implementation to
the Linux suspend framework, and I expect that having only one offline
mode for CPUs will make that task quite a bit less complex.

Nathan Lynch (2):
  powerpc/pseries: remove cede offline state for CPUs
  powerpc/rtas: don't online CPUs for partition suspend

 Documentation/core-api/cpu_hotplug.rst        |   7 -
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/rtas.h               |   2 -
 arch/powerpc/kernel/rtas.c                    | 122 +------------
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/hotplug-cpu.c  | 170 ++----------------
 .../platforms/pseries/offline_states.h        |  38 ----
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/pmem.c         |   1 -
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/smp.c          |  28 +--
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/suspend.c      |  22 +--
 8 files changed, 18 insertions(+), 372 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/offline_states.h

-- 
2.25.4